kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

The Struggle of Focussing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Inter SG chapter.

Focusing on something is one of the hardest things to do. Whenever we want to do something important many things appear and we lost track of everything. We can be doing something really easy but yet we go and do something else.

But why we lose the focus so easily? Is a fact that we look for the fun stuff the most? The answers are simple. We lose the focus because there is always something more “important” that caught our attention. What is the difference between something really important and the thing that we think is important? Think about the conclusion. If the result contributes to your future in any way then that’s the real deal. If not then is something that you are just giving the importance that you think needs but is just for your own amusement.

This distractions or things that we think are important are extensive. We are not talking just about the parties, Netflix, video games, and others. These are just examples of what the majority of the people think that are fun or important but the list continues. A distraction can be something so easy like looking at ceiling and imagining a whole story on your head.

How easy is to lose focus? Is just as simple as me writhing this down but keep looking at my phone because I just “need” to look at it.  In conclusion, the distractions are the first reason we lose focus, but there is salvation. When you are doing something divided in parts, if you are writhing something take breaks of 5 minutes and just relax. Sometimes just being tired can be very distracting and you lose focus. If there is somebody that is distracting you talk to them in a calm way and be real, tell them that you are doing something and that you will get in touch with them again when you finish.

You can do so many things but for now concentrate on one and do your best. Focus and you will see the difference.

Nashali Galarza

Inter SG '20

Hello there, My name is Nashali Galarza and I'm in an English Major. I love reading and the art of writing. Being the Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus Inter SG was an important project for me which requires a lot of energy and dedication. I have published my first poetry book in December 2017 and will publishing the second one in October 2019. Also I am always looking for new writing adventures.♥