This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois chapter.

Since the emergence of the casual street-style and the model off-duty look, sneakers have become a major staple in wardrobes everywhere. They instantly provide the look of effortlessness that we strive to achieve on a daily basis. With spring (hopefully) quickly approaching, our closets require new lighter footwear than our chunky snow boots. Three pairs of sneakers have caught my eye that I believe we should all consider investing in come spring 2016.  

Adidas Superstar: Remember those bright white shoes with the three colorful stripes on the side that you wore back in elementary school? Well believe it or not, they’re back in-style. From fashion bloggers, to supermodel Kendall Jenner, to the fashionable Europeans across the pond, everyone is sporting the Adidas Superstar sneaker to take their wardrobe to the next level of casual street-style. This shoe is no longer intended to be worn while playing outside, or in our case, at KAM’s where they’ll be destroyed unintentionally. I’ve first handedly witnessed these sneakers worn everywhere from destroyed jeans to slip dresses, which makes them easy to transition from season to season.

Yeezy Boost 350:  With the assistance of Adidas, Kanye West is the brilliance behind these. So it’s no surprise that brands, such as TOMS and Nike, have released their own design clearly influenced by the original currently selling on eBay for $1,500. The past two Yeezy seasons have not only influenced footwear, but all items of clothing as well. Kanye will be presenting Yeezy Season 3 during New York Fashion Week on February 11th.

Nike Roshe: Since most of us can’t afford to spend $1,500 on a shoe, Nike does offer a similar style at a much friendlier price. The Nike Roshe continues to be released in fresh colors every couple months and selling out quickly across vendors (trust me, I’ve struggled to snag a pair myself). Their design, specifically the sole of the shoe, strongly resembles the Yeezy’s to provide you with a taste of Kanye’s coveted aesthetic. 

Sneakers are a staple in everyone’s wardrobe. And I won’t deny that my beloved Converse low-tops and high-tops have been my go-to sneakers over the years and have never ceased to fail me. No, Converse aren’t disappearing, especially not on this college campus, but I do believe it’s time to introduce a new sneaker into your wardrobe. Besides, having more shoe options is never a bad thing. 

Photo Sources:

http://sneakernews.com/2015/06/25/adidas-yeezy-350-boost-rsvp-now-open/

http://www.whowhatwear.com/celebrity-favorite-fashion-products/slide5

http://teamroshe.com/2014/04/roshe-fashion-4-16-14/

Hey guys! I'm Lauren Lindell and I'm a sophomore in advertising at the University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign.  Besides spending my days staring at clothes online that I can't afford, I enjoy the occasional daily cappuccino, binge watching Netflix and eating cookie dough. I'm a huge fan of Foster the People and Lady Gaga, I have an irrational fear ketchup and I bruise like a peach. When I'm not in school, I work at Nordstrom in the women's shoe department. And as you can imagine, I have no money because of that sick discount.  Feel free to contact me at: Llindel2@illinois.edu