Where Are They Now: Our Favorite Disney Stars All Grown Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

What ever happened to our favorite Disney Channel stars? I know what you’re thinking; “here’s the typical article where I explain what happened to our favorite childhood stars”. My answer to you is, yes, but when something’s good, you just got to roll with it. We all know we can talk about our favorite childhood shows because they make for some great icebreakers to those unbearable awko-taco moments. The best always include: That’s so Raven, Phil of the Future, Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, Hannah Montana, and Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

The only question that remains is: where are they now?  Some stars have made complete transformations, *cough* Miley Cyrus *cough*, and some have completely gone away from their fame altogether. It’s crazy to think how much time has flown by from our favorite childhood TV shows and memories.

Dylan and Cole Sprouse

On screen, these two heartthrobs starred on the Suite Life of Zack and Cody and later Suite Life on Deck. In their rise to fame, Dylan and Cole were one of the richest teenage actors, earning almost $40,000 an episode at their career’s peak. After the show ended, they were both admitted into New York University and took a break from acting. Today they’re 23 years old and both ambassadors for the empowerment of youth in Japan. Cole has a degree in archeology and Dylan in video gaming. Good news for us, they’re both considering the acting field once again, so keep your eyes peeled!

Raven-Symoné

We all remember Raven as this loud, crazy, and awesome girl who starred as Raven Baxter on That’s-So-Raven. Writing this article, I can still hear the Boys in Motion singing their one hit wonder, “We, we are the boys in motion, we give you our devotion” or hearing Raven say “ya nasty!” to just about anyone. For a show that was loved by so many, we wonder what the heck happened to Raven? Some of us have seen her recent interview with Oprah or that one road trip movie way back when, but since what’s become of her? Well, she’s 29 years old, is currently working on a new album, and has since revealed her sexual orientation. There’s talk of her being an official member on The Voice and in the new animated 2016 movie called Animal Crackers.

Christy Carlson Romano

Shia LeBeouf is everywhere and he’s that super hot, sexy star on the big screen in movies such as Transformers, Fury (2014), and that guy in the weird music video for “Elastic Heart” by Sia. Despite it all, we know so much about Shia, but what in the world happened to his older counterpart Christy Carlson Romano? We all remember Christy as the voice of Kim Possible and Ren Stevens on Even Stevens, but after that it’s like she fell off the face of the earth. Since the show, Christy is now happily married from her marriage to Brendan Rooney in 2013. She studied at Barnard college and has starred in movies like the Penguins of Madagascar in 2010, even became Belle for Beauty and the Beast on Broadway.

Ricky Ullman

Phil of the Future was short and sweet. For a show to only be on for two years, boy did it make an impact. His role worked well with Aly Michalka, Keely, who was all the rage at the time. What’s happened to Phil? Well first things first, Ricky’s name is really Raviv and get this, he’s an Israeli-American Actor. I know right? Mind blown! Since the show, Raviv’s starred in other television shows like Rita Rocks, guest appeared for Criminal Minds in 2011, and is currently working on a new television show called Broad City which is expected to premiere in 2016. Ricky’s been in a popular band during recent years and is constantly on social media, making him great stalker material.

Hilary Duff

Hilary Duff was the “it-girl” of our generation. We all wanted to be her and have her life. Growing up, we saw and sang every song, movie, or TV show she was in. Do you remember sitting and watching the Lizzie McGuire Christmas episode where Aaron Carter guest appeared and sang the infamous, “I Want Candy”. Don’t forget those beats either after the verse – *do do duh do do*.  The Cinderella Story will always be close to our hearts and The Lizzie McGuire fandom lives on. After her teen years acting, what’s she been up to? Recently, Hilary has made a come back using social media and appearances to become a fashion-forward celebrity. At a time where Amanda Bynes and Britney Spears went bonkers, this childhood star grew up and didn’t turn completely crazy on us. Hilary has since been married, had a son, and returned to music with her new album, “Breathe in. Breathe out.”, which came out in 2015. She’s made appearances in shows like Two and a Half Men and continues her fame through her philanthropy work as well.

Miley Cyrus

Not much has to be said about Miley Cyrus. You all have read the news papers, seen her tweets, performances, and probably all follow her on some type of social media. Not to mention, the VMA’s in August pretty much said it all. Some people love the new Miley and some people dislike her, but through all the controversy, I just have to say good for her, and keep on “wrecking” it up. 

Emily Long

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State