MTV’s Girl and Guy Code Come to ISU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

On Thursday, January 30th head out to Braden Auditorium to see Chris Distefano and Carly Aquilino from MTV’s hit television show Guy Code and Girl Code. This is a free comedy event hosted by Illinois State University’s University Programming Board. The event starts at 8 p.m. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m.

“We are so excited to welcome two members from MTV’s hit show to our campus. We can’t wait to see all the students come out for our second event of the year. I anticipate nonstop laughter!” said UPB public relations chair, Sarah Clayton.

For those of you who don’t know, Guy Code aired on MTV2 on November 15, 2011. The show is a reality comedy television series that features pop culture entertainers, top comics, athletes and specialized experts who explain the code of conduct that exist between men. According to an announcement made by MTV2 on September 16, 2012 the second season of Guy Code delivered the highest rated and most watched original series in MTV2 history.

Girl Code aired on April 23, 2013, as a spinoff of the show Guy Code. Like the MTV2 hit series Guy Code, Girl Code features female actresses, musicians, and stand-up comics who discuss the sisterhood that women share. According to MTV, “Girl Code is a strong and smart female driven comedy series bringing millennial viewers a new, hilarious how-to manual full of over the top tips to push the envelope and open the dialogue about the wonders and woes of womanhood.” 

The two comedians visiting Illinois State are actually dating in real life. One sports a unique flaming red hair-do, while her beau is always cracking jokes on both hit MTV shows. To preview the duo’s one-of-a-kind chemistry and find out how they met check out the link below:

http://guycodeblog.mtv.com/2013/04/22/chris-distefano-carly-aquilino-dating/