Lindsay’s Fashion Blog: Little Black Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Little Black Dresses- these are the most essential of dresses within your wardrobe. The LBD is most versatile, simple yet sexy dress that can’t go wrong for any event. From loose and flowy to tight and fitting one must be able to find the perfect LBD to feel confident in. While there are numerous styles of this dress it will be important to focus on the formal and casual as to get an idea of where to wear those to and all of the in betweens.

Formal Little Black Dress
You want to wear this dress to a party or important event. Depending on your personal taste the importance of buying a formal black dress is whether or not you want to be “conservative” with it. Meaning do you want to show a lot of skin or not? There are so many styles of this dress it can be overwhelming but know your event, decide whether or not if you want to wear it more than once, of course price and boom your decision is quite simple. It is oh so ever important to accessorize any black dress that you wear because it is such a simple dress you want to wear accessories that compliment it. Sometimes your dress is enough of a statement as it is without jewelry, discretion is advised.

Casual Little Black Dress
An example of this dress can be worn to parties as well but they are laid back or a possibly lunch date. The sky is the limit! Again depending on your style accessories can make or break this dress but since it’s casual don’t be overbearing! This dress from Forever 21 is perfect because lace is an upcoming trend to which you’d definitely need to try.

Each dress each article of clothing has its own personality, it can either be too much or too laid back so really pay attention as to the event and overall how it makes you feel when looking for the black dress.

Good Luck!

Megan Maginity

Illinois State

Megan is a sophomore Journalism major at Illinois State University, with a minor in Creative Writing. She balances her time between class, her sorority- Gamma Phi Beta, and writing for the college newspaper- The Daily Vidette. When she’s not busy, Meg likes to shop for the best sales, rollerblade, hang out with friends or watch reruns of Sex and The City. Becoming a campus correspondent/editor-in-chief was a great accomplishment for her because she is an aspiring writer, hoping to take on the world of mass media after graduation in 2013.