This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Katie Wiedenski!  As an active member of Zeta Tau Alpha, she is also a brand ambassador for the new app, Friendsy!

Name: Katie Wiedenski

Hometown: Orland Park, IL

Major: Nutrition and Dietetics

Year in School: Senior

Hobbies: Chimichangas

Role Model: Shakira

Her Campus ISU: So, tell us a little bit more about Friendsy?

Katie Wiedenski: Friendsy is the next revolution in college social networking. The app is designed specifically for college students, requiring an active .edu email address to use the app. The options are endless with Friendsy. Users can decide if they want to date, hookup, or be friends with someone. They can also chat and send compliments anonymously. Friendsy allows users to make real connections with people!

HC ISU: When and where did you first hear about it?

KW: I first found out about Friendsy through the job and internship matching website, WayUp! Friendsy was looking for representatives to spread the word about how great this new app is, and after looking into it a little bit, I downloaded the app and found it to be so awesome! I knew that ISU needed to know about Friendsy.

HC ISU: What’s your favorite thing about it?

KW: There are so many great things about Friendsy, but a few or my favorites would have to be the options they offer and how safe it is!

HC ISU: Why should ISU students download and use it?

KW: Students at ISU NEED to download Friendsy because…who uses Tinder anymore? Friendsy offers so many cool things that go way beyond corny pickup lines and late-night swiping. Friendsy encourages college students to meet other college students, whether it is by being friends, hooking up, or dating. We all know how hard it can be to meet people in college, so Friendsy is making it a little bit easier on us! So, download Friendsy :)

“There are so many great things about Friendsy…With Friendsy, users have three options to choose from: friend, date, or hookup. This makes it so easy to know the intentions of the person you’re talking to before you start a conversation. Once you match with somebody, a conversation prompt is even given to break the ice! I also love how safe Friendsy is. You know that the people you’re swiping through are in college and not creepy people trying to “catfish” you— it even tells you what college they attend and what their major is. Friendsy allows you to filter the people you view too. Filter options include gender, their graduating class, the school they attend, their major, and what they’re involved in. The filters allow you to find the person of your dreams! Unlike other dating apps, you find out when someone is interested in you by getting hints. For example, if someone wanted to be friends with me, I would get a notification saying, “A guy from Illinois State University in the class of 2016 and Accounting wants to be friends with you!” Once you receive a hint, you can request more. It becomes a mystery game and is so exciting to find out more and more about the person who wants to be your friend!”

Raquel Ugalde

Illinois State

Public Relations major at Illinois State University. Chapter Correspondent for Her Campus Illinois State University.