ISU Fashion Show Designer Spotlight: Peyton Meade

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

If you’re looking for the perfect outfit for the perfect night out with the girls, look no further. Peyton is bringing us a fun collection for the 2017 ISU Fashion Show that will make you want to go out and dance until the sun comes up. Read on to find out a bit more about this awesome designer.

Her Campus: Have you always been a fashion major?

Peyton: Yes, I have planned on being a fashion major since I was in high school. My love for fashion never changed.

Her Campus: What inspires you to do the work you do?

Peyton: I am continuously inspired to work in the fashion world simply because of how fun the work is. When I’m in fashion courses, I don’t feel like I’m in school or that I am forced to attend the class. I get to go to class every day to learn about things that interest me and work on new projects which I love.

Her Campus: Tell us something interesting about yourself that sets you apart from other designers:

Peyton: I am the only sophomore designer this year. Before the show, I had only taken an introductory sewing course, but I was able to do the show with the help of my classmates and Dr. Gam. I had always been interested in design and the fashion show was the perfect way for me to test myself.

Her Campus: What’s your favorite part about the FDM program?

Peyton: I love our FDM program because of the people I get to work with. My major is filled with smart, creative people, and I have learned a lot in a short time from getting to work beside them. We help each other out and truly want the best for each other. You just don’t see that in every major.

Her Campus: What are your plans after college?

Peyton: I would love to work as either a buyer for a retail company or as a fashion journalist. I definitely plan to live in a big city.

Her Campus: As far as your collection for the 2017 fashion show, can you give us an idea of what we can expect?

Peyton: Expect to see a lot of pink (my favorite color), and expect to see designs that are fun; Expect something to hit the club in. I want the people at the show to see my looks and think of a fun night out with friends.

Her Campus: We are so excited to see your collection on the runway Peyton! Goodluck to you.

Tickets for the 2017 Illinois State Fashion Show are on sale at the Braden Box Office, or online at Ticketmaster.com. The show is April 13th with light refreshments at 5 p.m. and a show start time of 7 p.m.

Josie Lakin

Illinois State

Hi, I'm Josie. I love Halo Top ice cream and listening to Drake too loud. My goal is to be your go-to for fashion and health! This is my first semester writing for Her Campus ISU, and I can't wait to see how I develop as a writer. Catch me in NYC this summer livin' the dream.
Contributor account for Illinois State