Hair Dares Taught By Disney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

There is no stronger bond than a shared love of Disney movies – at least according to my close friends that is. During our many girls’ nights in, my friends and I talked about which Disney character we would love to be. To my surprise, one specific reason kept coming up: hair. Many would remark, “Oh, I just love her hair!” Along with, “I seriously just want my hair to look like that for a day, but it’ll never happen!” Well ladies, it is time to turn that dream into a reality. Listed here are the multiple hair dares taught by Disney and the ways you can get this look. Take on your favorite hair dare and have fun looking like a Disney girl for a day!

1.     Colored Hair – Ariel

Ariel’s infamous red hair-do is the true symbol of this remarkable Disney movie. Along with always being perfectly windswept, Ariel’s hair always steals the show being a shockingly vibrant red. If you’re looking to steal the show on the beach this summer, this style is perfect for you! To achieve this look, all you need to do is dye your hair a shade of red that compliments your skin tone yet makes a statement. Be sure to consult your hairstylist before taking on this look to ensure you get the best results!

2.     High Ponytail – Megara

Megara’s high ponytail is the ultimate bad hair day solution. By trying this look, you will avoid a day full of hair malfunctions and re-styling. To get this go-to look, all you need to do is brush out those luscious locks and pull them high up on your head. Secure your hair with a strong, elastic ponytail and bobby pins. There is truly nothing better than a slick, pulled-back look to get that Grecian vibe you’ve always been looking for!

3.     Ballerina Bun – Tinkerbell

Although she isn’t a ballerina, Tinkerbell rocks this easy to-do look! For the days when you just need to get your hair out of your face, the ballerina bun is an easy way to look cute without doing too much. Pull your hair up as if you are going to put it in a ponytail and twist it slightly and the begin wrapping it counterclockwise on top of your head. Once all your hair has been wrapped, secure the style with a ponytail holder and bobby pins and voilà! You have a look that can withstand any crazy flight pattern or windy day!

4.     Bubble Ponytail – Jasmine

When you want to get a little more creative (or anticipate that you will undergo a journey via magic carpet), the bubble ponytail can achieve that and much, much more! First sported by Princess Jasmine, the bubble ponytail style allows one to look sophisticated and casual, all at the same time. Styling this look is easy- just pull your hair into a low ponytail and then take that and separate it into equal parts with the placement of ponytail holders. To get this look to stay even longer, I suggest teasing the ponytail sections with a small toothed comb before separating it into parts. Afterwards, spray some hairspray onto it for extra strength.

5.     Curls and Hair Scarf – Esmerelda

When you’re feeling especially wild or festive, let your inner Esmerelda shine and let your hair reign free from any restrictive hair device! Esmerelda was never one who held anything back, so embody her liveliness by taking on this curly do. For girls with naturally curly hair, just use your usual products and let your wild curls do what they please! For girls with straight or wavy hair, use hot rollers or a curling iron to achieve the same amount of volume! To add that little extra touch, choose a brightly colored hair scarf to tie around your head as a headband. This will attract even more attention to your show stopping look and be sure to get you feeling like you want to dance!

6.     Flowers – Rapunzel

When you’re feeling particularly spring-like, adding flowers to any hairstyle like Rapunzel is a great way to embody the bright energy of the season! To achieve this look, all you need to do is integrate flower hair clips or a flower crown into your favorite day-to-day hairstyle! This look is sure to make you stand out anywhere and attract some major attention; however, the attention of a Flynn Ryder doppelganger is not promised!

7.     Braids – Anna and Elsa

And last but certainly not least; what girl doesn’t want a look that can warm some ice cold hearts? Braids are a great way to experiment with a multiplicity of different styles while also providing a great way to achieve a look that can endure practically anything! For a flirty look, try braided pigtails like Anna by separating your hair into two equal sections, braiding, and securing it with matching ponytail holders. For a more regal and detailed look, try something similar to Elsa’s infamous braid, such as a Dutch or French braid. Each of these braid styles are more complex than the average, but generally it is just a matter of separating your hair into equal sections and weaving it different ways into a specific pattern. Be sure to accompany this look with your favorite hair accessories such as detailed bobby pins or clips to add those extra fancy touches!

Chloe Kasper

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State