8 must-have items for going out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

If I had it my way I wouldn’t bring my purse with me at all when I go out. But my bag is practically my life because it ends up holding all of the things I need. Just in case you forgot something, here are some items that you might want to include in your bag or wristlet.

1.      Of course your KIDS
Hello, how else are you going to get back into your dorm without your keys and ID?! I mean unless you plan on sleeping on your friends couch bring your identification ladies.

2.      Gum
Whether you’re smoking cigarettes’ or swishers, or just sipping on a drink, your breath is going to stink and leave a nasty taste in your mouth. Be smart and grab a pack of gum before you head out on your night on the town!

3.      Flats
I totally understand, you want to look sexy with those pumps on but let’s face it you aren’t going to be driving around from party to party. You’re going to be walking a lot, if you want to still wear those heels pack some flats. Dr. Scholl’s fast flats are really neat they fold together and even come in a little bag.

4.      Your favorite gloss
Victoria secret Beauty rush is a popular brand of lip gloss and happens to be my favorite! I keep it simple with Sugar high, clear lip gloss goes with everything. But I’m sure you’ll get compliments from whoever you’re kissing that night. :)

5.      Money
This could either be a good thing or a bad thing. In any emergency you’ll need cash so it’s best to have that handy. A bad thing because when you are out with a group of people they will want to eat out, trust me multiple orders of pizza or pokey sticks does not help anyone.

6.      Camera
Capture those perfect moments that you’ll probably forget the next day. Who doesn’t want to look through their camera the next day like the guys in The Hangover? If you say no, you’re lying. Bring your camera you will definitely be laughing the next day. Or on the other hand, snap pictures to look back on fun nights!

7.      Perfume
If I smell good, I definitely feel good. Sephora has some purse sized perfumes are I wish I bought in a bigger size but it’s so convenient either way.

8.      Phone
You know, you might need that bit of technology just in case you get lost, or you want to tell someone how you feel…throughout the night. Obviously put your cell phone in your purse let’s face it, you’re going to need it to put some sexy guy’s number in there.

Megan Maginity

Illinois State

Megan is a sophomore Journalism major at Illinois State University, with a minor in Creative Writing. She balances her time between class, her sorority- Gamma Phi Beta, and writing for the college newspaper- The Daily Vidette. When she’s not busy, Meg likes to shop for the best sales, rollerblade, hang out with friends or watch reruns of Sex and The City. Becoming a campus correspondent/editor-in-chief was a great accomplishment for her because she is an aspiring writer, hoping to take on the world of mass media after graduation in 2013.