david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

15 Reasons Fall is the Best Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Now that summer has come to an end and school is back in session, it’s time for everyone’s favorite time of the year – fall. And if fall isn’t your favorite time of the year, here’s why it should be.

1.  The weather is as close to perfect as it will get in Illinois – not too hot and not too cold.  

2. You get to bring back your fall wardrobe. Hello, oversized sweaters, leggings, scarves, and boots.

3. There’s no need to be “bikini body ready.”

4. It’s pumpkin season! There’s nothing quite like picking your own pumpkin and taking it home to carve or make into a yummy dessert.  

5. And for all you Starbucks lovers, it’s also the time of year for all things pumpkin spice.

6. Fall treats are the best treats, and without a summer bod to worry about, you can treat yourself whenever you want.

7. Hot chocolate can (and should) become a basic food group on chilly nights.  

8. Fall time is Halloween time – which means it’s time to binge-watch your favorite Halloween classics, like “Hocus Pocus” and “Halloweentown.”

9. Halloween gives you the opportunity to be the person you’ve always dreamed of being… 

10. … or you can adopt the mantra “you are what you eat.”  

11. It’s the best time to visit a haunted house (and see if you fare better than Ellen DeGeneres’s staff members.)

12. There’s something satisfying about the sound of crunching leaves as you walk to class.

13. Autumn scented candles have the best aromas. 

14. A campfire and s’mores with your friends is the perfect way to wind down after a long and busy week of school and work.

15. Last but not least, it is the most beautiful season. A backdrop of colorful trees will create a picture perfect moment every time.

These are just 15 of many reasons to love the colorful and cozy season of fall. What are your favorite things about fall?   

Dania De La Hoya

Illinois State

Dania De La Hoya is a senior at Illinois State University double majoring in Journalism and French. She hopes to one day work for anything from a magazine to a newspaper to a TV station. Her biggest goal is to one day publish a fiction novel. When she is not writing or juggling three languages, she can be found binge-watching her latest obsession on Netflix, eating guacamole, or petting cute dogs. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @daniadelahoya.
Contributor account for Illinois State