This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.
Halloween is creeping up on us, and being busy with school leaves almost no time to go to the store and buy Halloween costumes. Here are some super cute costumes that are easy to put together and won’t break the bank:

1. Rosie the Riveter 
This iconic costume is super easy to throw together. All you need are these two key items: red bandana and a denim or navy blue button up.

2. Regina George 
Black skirt. White tank. Purple bra. So fetch.

3. Audrey Hepburn
This is the classiest last minute look on the list. Put on any black dress and shades and style your hair in a bun. Add some pearls, and you’re set.

4. Where’s Waldo?
This cute little number requires a red and white striped shirt as well as a red or white beanie. It’s super cute and easy to put together.

5. Hippie
The hipster/ hippie look is trending right now. Putting this costume together will be as easy as raiding a few of your friends’ closets. Don’t forget, a headband on your forehead is essential.

6. Sandy from Grease
This one is a super cute solo costume that’s derived from a typical couple’s costume. All you need is black leggings and a black top, possibly off the shoulder. Throw on some heels and you’ll be giving everyone chills that multiply.

7. Sailor 
Any top that is red or blue with white stripes can help achieve this look! Also add a sailor hat (which you can buy at any Halloween store) and it will be a lot cheaper than buying an entire sailor costume.

8. Red Riding Hood
If you’re crafty you can make the classic Red Riding Hood cape yourself. If you’re not so great with artsy things like me, you can buy one at any Halloween store. Go to your closet and put on that LBD, put up your hood and start your journey.

9. Minion 
Even though the Minion movie came out in the summer, this is still a fun and quick costume to put together and do solo or with a group of friends.

10. Superwoman
It’s a bird…it’s a plane…no, it’s a hottie dressed as Superwoman! This costume requires purchasing only one thing. Grab the Superman shirt you probably already own, put an open white button up over it and you’re ready for the night.

11. Scarecrow 
If Halloween for you is more about doing elaborate makeup, this is your costume. If you have blue jeans and a flannel, put those on and go crazy with your makeup.

12. Boo from Monsters INC.
This costume is by far the comfiest. It is basically every girls go to bum outfit, a big shirt and leggings. So why not wear that as a Halloween costume?

13. Referee
Do you have a black and white striped shirt? Good. Put that on. Draw some black rectangles under your eyes. If you have a whistle put that on and play on girl!

14. Risky Business
Who can forget a young Tom Cruise dancing around in his underwear? Not me! This iconic Hollywood scene is a classic and it’s a super easy costume to re-create.

15. Any Animal
When in doubt, go to any Halloween store and buy any type of ears: mouse ears, cat ears, bunny ears, whatever you please. Throw on a dress and take on the night.

Samantha Cedano

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State