sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Most Predictable Halloween Costumes of 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

It’s that time of year again. The time when college kids can put away their textbooks and throw on a less-than-conservative outfit for the night. If you’re looking to start brainstorming some ideas, then grab your pumpkin spice latte and check out some costumes you’re bound to see this Halloween.  

Harambe

He may be gone but this big guy’s spirit will be kept alive. #ripharambe

Trump

Halloween is all about scaring people. If you haven’t been living under a rock this past year, you know Trump’s potential presidency has frightened many. So, what better way to scare more of America than to break out a Trump mask. This costume is gonna be yuge.

Harley Quinn

She’s a badass featured on Suicide Squad. All you need is some blue and pink hair dye, oh and that terrifying smile.  

Pokémon

Get ready to see kids with their phones glued to their faces as they walked around neighborhoods playing Pokémon Go all over again.

Dog Snapchat Filter

If you’ve used Snapchat in the last few months, chances are you’ve used the dog filter. The set of dog-ears, nose, and a tongue is already available on Etsy. So if you’re looking to be more basic than you already are, consider ordering one of those. You may also want to include my personal favorite, the face swap.

Pineapple and Strawberry

These were in last Halloween, so it wouldn’t be a big surprise if they made a comeback this year. Super easy to make and you don’t have to wear pants.

Dunkin Donuts

I will admit, it’s clever.

Mermaid

Gumball Machine

Netflix and Chill

Alright, I think it’s time we retire this one.

Don’t forget to break out your inner-child and pick up some candy. Happy Halloween!

Liz Gomez

Illinois State

Contributor account for Illinois State