jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

We All Scream For Ice Cream

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

It’s officially spring which means it’s finally ice cream season!!

Okay, who are we kidding, all seasons are ice cream seasons in our book. But, some people apparently don’t feel the same way since a few of our favorite ice cream spots shut down for the colder months. But have no fear! The sun is shining, the temperatures are rising, and Geneva is thriving with ice cream shops again!

In order to ensure that you are always getting your daily dose of ice cream, we figured we’d round up a list of our favorite spots.

1.     Mr. Twistees

If you haven’t been to this gem, stop everything you’re doing and drive there now! Located on Pre Emption Road, only about a five-minute drive from campus, Mr. Twistees never disappoints. And while we highly encourage that you “go big or go home” when it comes to choosing what size ice cream cone to get, you are rewarded with cute candy eyes on your kiddy cone if you “go small.” So, you win either way.

2.     Flounge

While we all know and love the Flounge for its waffles and smoothies, it also offers a yummy selection of ice cream flavors. Next time you’re there be sure to follow your waffle with a cone of sea salt caramel ice cream! Or if you’re feeling frisky, try a wine slushie!

3.     Long Pier Ice Cream

Now that the weather is getting warmer, we all know we can’t resist spending time by the lake, so why not do it with some ice cream! Long Pier ice cream is right on the water and walking distance from campus, so you can’t go wrong. Also, like the Flounge, they offer a wide selection of wine slushie flavors!

4.     Cold Stone

If you consider yourself an expert on ice cream like we do, then Cold Stone is the place for you! We love being able to pick every last detail about what goes into our sundae, and it’s always fun watching them craft your ice cream masterpiece right in front of your eyes. Plus, it’s attached to Tim Horton’s so you can grab yourself a donut while you’re there too! The more dessert the merrier, that’s what we always say.

5.     Friendly’s

If all else fails, there is always Friendly’s, who we promise, will never fail you. Friendly’s is easily the closest to campus and their seemingly endless list of ice cream sundaes automatically puts a smile on our face whenever we see it.