Campus Cutie: Ryan Montbleau

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Hobart and William Smith’s Campus Cutie of the week is Ryan Montbleau! Ryan is currently sophomore here at HWS, double majoring in History and Environmental Studies. As a member of human rights genocide symposium, KA society, and the class president of the classes of 2019, Ryan continues to set trends as a leader to his classmates. Get to know more about our Campus Cutie by reading about is interests both on and off campus.

Name: Ryan Montbleau

Nickname: “Blue” 

Class Year: 2019

Major: History and Environmental Studies double major

Hometown: Pelham, New Hampshire 

Activities: Squash, Kayaking, Writing

Interested In: Sustainable development in Africa

Relationship Status: single

Describe yourself in three words: Goofy, Outgoing, Talkative

Celebrity Crush: Jennifer Aniston 

Favorite…

Place to Party: “KA (Kappa Alpha) shout out to Gav and my brothers”

Food: Chicken Masala

Movie: “Good Will Hunting”

Place at HWS: The Dock

Place to eat in Geneva: Char Burrito Bar

Place to shop: Patagonia and Eastern Mountain Sports

EL: Why did you choose to come to HWS?

RM: I chose to come to Hobart because I was interested in the diversity of the abroad programs. I felt a strong sense of community walking on campus and knew that this was the right place for me.

EL: How do you feel about being nominated as Campus Cutie?

RM: (*laughs*) I’m totally shocked and obviously honored

EL: What do you look for in a girl?

RM: I look for a girl who is funny…has a sense of humor and understands mine, one who is laid back…easy going and definitely a girl who is driven and wants to succeed.

EL: What’s your dream date?

RM: I gotta say that my dream date is with my dream girl…Can’t imagine a dream date without one. 

EL: What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?

RM: The worst date I’ve even been on was in the summer when this girl and I drove to the beach. She didnt say a single word during the ride. Awkward, hysterical, and one to remember.

EL: Dream vacation spot?

RM: Kauai Hawaii. I have always wanted to hike in the Napali Coast Wilderness park.

EL: What is your Dream job?

RM: My dream job is to travel the world and aid in environmental policy.

EL: What’s your biggest fear?

RM: I hate tight tunnels…Tunnels that you are forced to crawl and squeeze your body through. Then you realize you are face to face with a raccoon…I hate raccoons because they’re weird, mean, and have weird hands.

EL: Who is your role model? Why?

RM:  I would definitely say that my sister Kara Montbleau is my role model. She has taught me to challenge myself without the fear to fail.

EL: Is there anything on your bucket list?

RM: I want to live abroad for more than two years.

EL: What do you want to be remembered for at HWS?

RM: I want to be remembered for displaying and increasing school spirit.

EL: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

RM: In ten years, I see myself living and working in Boston with a new black lab puppy and maybe my dream girl….but definitely that puppy!

Now you know a little bit about this week’s Campus Cutie, maybe YOU could be the next one! Thanks to Ryan for sharing all the “deets” on his life!  

Julia Sipos is a senior at Hobart and William Smith Colleges (HWS) double majoring in International Relations and Spanish & Hispanic Studies with a minor in the Writing Colleague Program. While Julia is a contributor to Her Campus at the Colleges, she is also a Writing Fellow and the president and founder of the HWS Figure Skating Club, which hosts seven events throughout the semester open to any students on campus who want to learn how to skate!