Campus Cutie: Kayla McEachern ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Hobart and William Smith’s Campus Cutie of the week is Kayla McEachern! Kayla is currently a junior at HWS. She is a psychology major and biology minor on the pre-med track. You can find Kayla all over campus chatting with fellow classmates and watching out for the Orientation Group she co-lead. Get to know more about our Campus Cutie by reading about her interests both on and off campus. 

Basics

Name: Kayla McEachern

Year: 2019

Major: Psychology (and pre-med)

Minor: Biology

Hometown: Wilmington, MA

Activities:  Orientation Mentor, Kaleidoscope Mentor, Psychology T.A., Psychology Research Assistant, Student worker in the Office in Advancement

Interested In: Men

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle ;)

Describe Yourself in 3 Words: Stressed, (self-declared) comedian, hardworking

Favorite…

Place on Campus: The benches by the lake

Place in Geneva: Char Burrito Bar

Movie: Up

TV show: Lost

Food: Mexican

Class: Bio-psychology with Professor Belcher

Random

MQ: What quote do you live by and why?

KM: “Everything happens for a reason.” Even though I don’t always believe it, everything does always happen for a reason.

MQ: Where do you see yourself in 10-20 years?

KM: Hopefully, I am a pediatrician with a husband, child, and golden retriever. I hope I travel a lot.

MQ: If you could spend the day with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?

KM: Kesha because people give her a difficult time, but she really is an inspirational person to her fan base.

MQ: If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?

KM: California, where the good weather is.

MQ: What about the drought?

KM: That’s true, but I don’t drink much water so I would survive!

MQ: What is something most people on campus don’t know about you?

KM: I’m a black belt in karate.

MQ: Do you have a story that you’d care to share with us all?

KM: I tore my meniscus when I was playing soccer with children Costa Rica. The next day I wrapped my leg and hiked a volcano because I thought it was just a sprain.

MQ: How do you feel about being nominated as a Campus Cutie?

KM: I am actually very excited. This was my dream. I can die happy now.

MQ: What would you like to be remembered for?

KM: Making a difference whether that be in my patient’s or my friend’s lives. I want to be remembered as someone who brought at least some good into the chaotic world.

Be sure to say hi to Kayla when you see her on campus! She is always looking to get to know fellow classmates.

Meg Quint is a first year at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. She plans on majoring in biochemistry with a minor in LGBT studies. Meg plans on earning a to medical degree (M.D.) after graduating from HWS. On campus, Meg participates in the health professions club, the Pride Alliance, and she works in admissions exposing potential students to all HWS has to offer. Meg has always enjoyed writing, meeting new people, and celebrating her peer's achievements. She believes HerCampus will allow her to combine all of these passions resulting in exciting articles for your reading pleasure!