5 Sunny-Day Activities To Do This Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

This weekend’s forecast is finally sunny! Here are some things to do around campus that will help you appreciate the nice weather:

1.     Watkins Glen State Park

Watkins Glen State Park is a beautiful place to explore and it’s only 30 minutes from campus! The state park features amazing walking trails and waterfalls. The park is open year-round, but higher water flows and warm weather makes spring the ideal time to go!

2.     HWS kickball tournament for Habitat for Humanity

The HWS Habitat for Humanity club is hosting a kickball tournament on the quad this Saturday. The event will be held from approximately 12-3pm and 14 teams will compete for the champion t-shirts while raising money for a great cause. It’s supposed to be a beautiful day, so even if you aren’t on a team you should come out and watch!

3. The FLX Weinery

If you’ve never been to the FLX Weinery in Dundee, NY then you have to try it! It’s only about 30 minutes from campus and has the most delicious hamburgers, hotdogs, fries and milkshakes. The simple, but eclectic atmosphere is fun and there’s outdoor seating so you can eat your fries in the sunshine!

4.   Ben and Jerry’s in Watkins Glen

On your way to the Watkins Glen State Park, be sure to stop at the Ben and Jerry’s in town. It’s closed seasonally, but it just opened in time for this weekend. 

5. The HWS dock!

As HWS students, we’re lucky to have a beautiful place to spend the day right here on campus! If you don’t have a car or just don’t feel like leaving campus, then the HWS dock is a perfect place to spend a sunny afternoon.