Bang Bang! Who’s There? Jessie J!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

The news has dropped: JESSIE J will be gracing us with her presence on May 4th!  The Brit pop icon aroused what I gathered to be a mixed bag of responses about the Spring Concert, as to be expected with any performer.  A glass-half-full kinda gal myself, it seems as though the majority is optimistic that the event will be a fun-filled jam sesh, and I certainly agree!  Whether you’re a die-hard Domino fan or are a JJ skeptic, after a little Spotify searching, I discovered a few worthwhile hits to “Sweet Talk(er)” you into believing the “Big White Room” (a.k.a. Hart Center) will be “Burnin’ Up” when Jessie J hits the stage. This London native is going to do what “Ain’t Been Done Before”, performing “Personal” “Masterpiece(‘s)” really “Loud”! This concert is definitely sure to be worth its “Price Tag”, with every student crying out “I Need This” to “Get Away” from my studies. So lets “STAND UP”, #SayHayToJessieJ, and get excited for the Spring Concert 2015 which I predict will be straight “Fire”.  

1. “Burnin’ Up” Jessie’s best dance track right here is sure to have you & your possé HEATED with amped emotions (not to mention the body heat of the mosh pit you’re low-key suffocating in)!?!  Although 2Chainz isn’t making a pitstop at Mt. St. James to accompany Miss. J on this tune, I am confident she will make do (perhaps sport her own gold chains in memory???) on her own. #girlpower

2. “Masterpiece”  tells a tale of self love & acceptance; the raw honesty in this track is genuine and presented in a catchy way.  YES, Jessie!

3. “Sweet Talker” A super-sassy, lighthearted tune that is arguably one of JJ’s best; one listen and it will be on replay in your head for three days, but you (most likely) won’t hate it at all.

4. “Ain’t Been Done” oozes confidence that will having you feeling upbeat & ready to conquer the WORLD… or at least your exams ;-)

5. “Bang Bang” A showstopper, party-popper, pop-lock-and-dropper, this Grammy-nominated track is sure to steal the show! Jessie’s may be sans Nicki and Ariana, but I have the utmost confidence the singer-songwriter will not topple like a “Domino”.

Alicia Perry

Holy Cross