Sh!t High Point Students Say

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at High Point chapter.

It’s finally here. You ask, and we deliver.

In keeping with the spirit of the latest craze, it is only fitting that we honor the sh*t that High Point students all say. You know you’re guilty of at least one, if not all of these. Without further adieu….

SH!T HIGH POINT STUDENTS SAY

1.  That’s soo not extraordinary
Nido promised extraordinary and if it’s not then damnit we’ll complain about it. Out of flatbread at Subway? That’s soo not extraordinary. Rain on a Saturday night? C’mon Nido, where’s our bubble? That’s soo not extraordinary. 

2. I don’t want to smell like the Café
You can always tell when someone’s eaten at the Café. The odor lingers and you just want to shower but sometimes you just like, really want an omelette.

3. Ugh, there’s never any parking
But really, there isn’t. That’s soo not extraordinary….

4. I had Edward at the Steakhouse tonight….
A relaxing night at the Steakhouse turns into a three hour etiquette and history lesson with Edward, bless his heart. I didn’t get dressed up to sit here and learn about Caesar Salad, I want to eat it.

5. I’m out of Magic Meals
It takes some strategic planning all week to make it to Saturday and still be able to get late-night Point. 

6. There’s never any seats at the Farmers Market
You know when someone’s doing the once-around. Open tables are a rare occurrence between the hours of 11 and 1, prime Farmers Market time. Then there’s those people who push 4 tables together and stay there for 3 hours with various friends rotating in and out. You know who you are….

7. Do they take Dining Dollars?
You’re hungry. You’re broke. You just want to use fake cash. Then you realize how stupid you sound when you ask this in the real world.

8. Ham’s?
Thursday night at it’s finest. They took Triangle from us (freshmen, you missed out) so Ham’s is all we’ve got. No matter how many times you say you aren’t going, you know you end up there.  

9. Housing SUCKS
Trying to sign up for housing is absurd. You will inevitably be assigned to at least 3 different locations (none of which you want) with a steady rotation of rando’s in and out of your room. Aaaand let the 500 Facebook statuses about living in a cardboard box on the Promenade begin….

10. Let’s go to Cookout
No one can turn down temptation of a Cookout tray or a milkshake. How many times have you or your friends said this at 3am? Yeah, thought so.

So there you have it, the Sh!t HPU Students Say. Have more? Comment below and maybe we’ll make a Part II.

Christina Buttafuoco is a sophomore Communications-Journalism Major with a minor in English Writing at High Point University. She is a sister of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority, a lover of musicals, and an avid viewer of the Food Network. Christina grew up on Long Island, NY and headed down south to North Carolina during those awkward middle school years. Before she moved, her best friend ripped out pages from a fashion magazine and told her not to forget what fashion was. She didn't. Now Christina hopes to be an editor for one of those magazines one day. For now, she is so excited to bring Her Campus to HPU.