This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Maija (our trusty photographer) and I are extremely fascinated with the whole process of the photoshoots we do for this blog! It’s so much fun finding new places to shoot, putting together the next outfit and deciding on the process! New ideas just seem to be coming naturally as soon as we decide on the day for the photoshoot. This time we went to the Winter Garden. Such a lovely place to start your day at. While taking pictures we encountered a couple of kindergarden groups learning about new plants, some young girls having breakfast among the trees whilst sun wass shining through the windows of the indoor garden, several tourists, and even another couple of photoshoot enthusiasts.  

The place was not only warm and summery but also helped us with the process. We both agree this was our favorite photoshoot so far. Everything inside was green and in a strange way a great fit for the day’s outfit… However, I didn’t really think it through dressing in all black. Yikes! As much as I like how “all black everywhere” (to quote Jay-Z and Kanye, sorry couldn´t resist!) looks on the literally everyone on the street, I wasn’t aware that it might look a bit blurry in the pictures. But Maija did a great job whilst editing making me look less like Death.  

The thing is, black is timeless, functional and so stylish nearly everytime. I just couldn’t resist dressing in this shin-length dress which was incredibly trendy last year. But of course, it’s not important if a style is “in” or “out” this season if you like it and feel good in it. 20-somethings were wearing it mostly with sneakers which made them look so good that I just couldn’t resist and had to buy myself one, even though I don’t like buying something if everyone seems to be wearing it, not to sound snob-ish. So, I paired the dress with faux leather ankle boots and a classy small across-the-shoulder purse.  

The accessory part was very minimalistic: just earrings with a big grey stones and my watch, another present from my parent very close to my heart.  

We also played a little with using props! This time those were fashion magazines (obviously!) and lip balms. Otherwise, the whole Garden with its tables, walls, doors and plants served as the best prop.  

Clothes & Accessories: 

• Dress – Monki
  • Boots – Zara
  • Purse – Zara
  • Earrings – H&M
  • Watch – Tissot

Photo credit: Maija Huitu

Helsinki Contributor