A Look Back at the Night of the Arts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Night of the Arts (‘Taiteiden yö’) was a little while ago, so here’s a little throwback to the festivities of the event: like usual, the town was filled with art, music, and good food.

Just by walking around in the center of town, you could easily see lots of art. Though there was an extensive program for the night, you could find interesting things merely by looking around (and by walking toward whatever music you might be hearing from a distance).

Narinkkatori was covered in Chinese calligraphy, and there was free lemonade to be had near Kiasma. A big stage next to the Helsinki Music Centre invited people to perform whatever they wished. Food stalls were to be found all around town. Everything seemed filled with color.

Hopefully next year’s Night of the Arts will be just as vibrant and inviting as this year’s!

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.
Helsinki Contributor