danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Karl Mihhels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Year: Studying since 2010

Hometown: Espoo

Major: Bioproduct technology

Interests: During my time in Uni I have done acting, karate, general martial arts, bouldering, hiking, drawing, dancing, role-playing, brewing, cooking and the list could go even longer. Most of these I have done in a University club, so look around, there are clubs for pretty much anything!

What is your favorite thing to do after an exam?

Usually my days before exams are spent on desperate cramming,so after the final exam is over I really enjoy lazing around the house doing nothing.

Who would play you in a movie and what genre would the movie be?

I dont care who would be acting as me but as far as the genre goes, I would like to see something similar to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

What are your minors and why did you choose them?

I chose math as my minor because I was really into fractals when I got to Uni. Was harder than I imagined. Still doing those courses. Not even mad.

What’s your favorite movie of all time?

I think it is Dr. Strangelove. Making nuclear holocaust funny? A masterpiece in dark humour!

Tea or coffee?

Tea to relax, coffee to squeeze through crappy mornings.

What’s your biggest phobia?

I guess it would be turning into a person I do not like. E.g. Becoming an utter asshole and not noticing it yourself.

How would other people describe you in one word?

“Strange” seems to be my friends’ most common choice.

What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten?

Focus on compassion! When you are compassionate it is easier to understand others and make better choices in life.

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.