I (Didn’t) Wake Up in a New Bugatti

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Tapingo has become a norm on the University of Hawaii at Manoa campus. It’s a quick and easy way to skip the line and order food or coffee between classes. Plus, you can pay with your debit card AND meals.

If you’ve checked lately, more and more options are becoming available on Tapingo and then later disappearing from the app: Teddy’s Bigger Burgers (coming soon), Le Crêpe Café, etc. (But still no Subway, sorry!!) The most recent addition to Tapingo was the Bugatti Veyron Shop, which has also recently appeared on Tapingo at the University of Southern California.

Lol what?

However, the shop was only up on Tapingo for a day! It appeared on Tapingo on Wednesday, September 27th and was removed later that night. You could order a “king size” in silver, orange, or blue for a whopping $1,900,000. Don’t have that kind of money? Then order a “student size” which was a 1/32 scale for $20. Aka, an actual car or a toy car.

Oh, but it gets better! The “student size” Bugatti came “with a commemorative Tapingo t-shirt and a pair of shades so you [could] feel as cool as if you bought a real Bugatti!”

Unfortunately, the king size was backordered with a 2-3 week wait. And what college student actually has $1,900,000 to Tapingo a Bugatti? Do you take meals? How about a student loan?

No? Okay.

Hailey is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and is pursuing a double major in marketing and international business, with a minor in fashion design merchandising. She is one of our Campus Correspondents here at Hawaii Her Campus and she's an active member of Alpha Gamma Delta. Hailey loves going to the beach with friends, hiking, and taking pictures!