Insanely Infectious: Week 3

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Haverford chapter.

This week I’ve got an eclectic mix of tunes, from Hoodie Allen’s latest to some hearty folk to some snapbacks and centipedes. Oh, and in case you were wondering classes start again in just 35 days, so live up these last few weeks of summer and keep it insanely infectious.

Hoodie Allen- Hey Now
Always a favorite, Hoodie Allen’s latest is as easy a listen as ever. It’s perfect for that party playlist, so download away and add it on there!

Tame Impala- Elephant
Make sure you have a listen to the first single off of Australian psychedelic/indie band’s second LP, Lonerism, due out in the US Oct 9. With chugging guitars and even a soaring organ, you definitely don’t want to be sleeping on this track.

Dillon Francis- Masta Blasta (The Rebirth)
Mad Decent’s Dillon Francis traps out his moombahton hit,” Masta Blasta,” in “The Rebirth,” and what a job he does. 

Aer- Like the Way
The Massachusetts duo describes its music as “finding its roots in reggae, acoustic pop and indie rock, with smooth guitar riffs and a strong rap component.” With all of those ingredients they manage to mix up this smooth, laid back track with a summer vibe that you won’t be able to resist.

The Lumineers- Ho Hey
So I know this track is a bit old, but whether you have heard it or not, I know you will love it. The folk-rockers from Colorado pack this inescapable singalong, off of their self-titled debut, into just 2:43. Of course, that will leave you wanting more so make sure you check out their album!

GUILTY PLEASURE
Driickey Graham & Knife Party ft. Al3xtaylor-Snapbacks and Centipedes (5&A Dime Bootleg)

5 & A Dime dubs out Snapbacks and Tattoos and throws some Knife Party into the mix. If this doesn’t belong on the party playlist, I don’t know what does.

Lauren Gill is in her junior year at Haverford College, majoring in Religion with a concentration in Peace, Justice, and Human Rights. She is from Lewes, Delaware and spent her fall semester abroad in Australia at the University of Melbourne. Lauren is a regular contributor to her college's newspaper, the Bi-College news, writing music and concert reviews. Besides her love for all things music, she also enjoys traveling, reality television, getting her fitness on, and of course, tweeting.