Zena Edosomwan ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Harvard Men’s Basketball is hotter than ever this year– with a current Ivy League record of 11-1, we can just about say the Crimson can’t be beat. Get to know one of the players in this week’s edition of Campus Cutie, Zena Edosomwan! The men of Harvard Basketball are amazing on and off the court, but don’t take our word for it–take Zena’s!

Year: 2017

House: Apley Court

Hometown: Los Angeles

Concentration: African-American Studies and Sociology

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in 3 words: Motivated, Happy, Blessed

Favorite Place in Harvard Square: John Harvard’s Brewery

What are you involved with on campus?

Black Men’s Forum, Harvard African Student Association, Nigerian Student association, Men’s Varsity Basketball Team, and a secret project that will be released in the spring.

What is your favorite Harvard memory?

Going with my team to the local YMCA and hanging out with the kids. It was just amazing to be able to spend time with these kids and see the smiles on their faces. It makes you realize the responsibilities you have to uphold because these kids are looking up to you.

What do you look for in a significant other?

Four things: Confidence, sense of humor, genuine, and intelligent. I appreciate a woman who is comfortable in her own skin and who she is. I think that is super attractive.

What is your best physical trait? Abs.

Describe your ideal date! 

A nice trip into Boston. Go to Newberry Street and have a nice dinner. She lets me pay the bill. Walk around and talk and just enjoy each other’s company.

You’ve had an amazing first season with Harvard Men’s Basketball! What has been the best part of playing on this team?

I think the atmosphere within and surrounding Harvard basketball. I feel like the theme of our atmosphere is love and hard work–the love my teammates have for the school, basketball, each other and for our fans. We always want to give our best effort for the program, fans, and so on. We also just appreciate the constant love in which the fans, dance team, and so on give us.

What’s one thing on your Harvard Bucket list? 

Win an Ivy League basketball title every year I am here.

Harvard collegiettes, let’s keep bringing the support to make that goal happen! Be sure to cheer on Zena and the rest of the Harvard Men’s Basketball Team as they take on Yale (Friday, 7:30 p.m.) and Brown (Saturday, 7 p.m.) on the road this weekend!