For When You Become Sick of Lamont and Other Harvard Libraries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Reading period has officially begun, and though it might seem tempting to hit the libraries for a good studying environment, it’s a good idea to remember all the other awesome study spots around campus. Libraries might be close by and filled with great resources, but being surrounded by such a stressful atmosphere definitely has its faults. These are some other study spots around campus that you should consider taking advantage of:

1.

Where: Second floor of Ticknor Lounge in Boylston Hall

Pros: Comfy cushioned seats, lots of tables, electrical outlets, you won’t have to get your bags checked on your way out…

Cons: Network coverage is so-so here (this could be a perk if texts are always a distraction for you)

2.

Where: SOCH Penthouse in the QUAD

Pros: Comfortable seating, surrounded by natural light, not overly crowded, distance from the Yard will keep you focused

Cons: Must plan according to shuttle schedule ahead of time if you don’t want to walk

3.

Where: Tables outside of Faculty Club

Pros: You won’t be trapped inside on a beautiful day, little to no noisy tourists, surrounded by nice scenery

Cons: Wind, must fully charge laptop ahead of time

4.

Where: Empty Classrooms throughout Science Center

Pros: Classroom settings will help you focus better, tons of seating options, outlets, chalk/white boards, great for group study

Cons: Might remind you of going to class a little too much

5.

Where: Area behind Barker Center

Pros: You’d get to enjoy nice weather, shaded, ideal place to read a book, practical for those who live in Union Dorms

Cons: Can get noisy since people tend to walk their dogs through here, no tables or outlets

6.

Where: House Dhalls (Currier’s Pictured above)

Pros: Open 24/7, brain break, spacious, surrounded by familiar faces

Cons: Noisy exam-less colleagues, temptation to go back to your room and sleep

Happy studying!

Elizabeth is a junior at Harvard, concentrating in comparative religion. She loves to dance, run, and write, and loves working for Her Campus!