This Weekend: Harvard Relay for Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

What’s better than spending time with your friends and favorite extracurricular groups (such as sororities, Harvard Radcliffe Dramatic Club, and Women In Science Harvard Radcliffe) on a Saturday evening? Doing so while fighting cancer, perhaps? This Saturday, join Harvard Relay for Life at Gordon Indoor Track in “Harvard’s largest sleepover–uniting the community in the fight against cancer”.

So far, Harvard has raised over $21,000 for the American Cancer Society. It’s not too late to sign up individually, join an existing team, or just donate! It costs $10 to join a team and then you can set a fundraising goal and/or attend the event! For more information, you can like Relay for Life of Harvard on Facebook  or visit the American Cancer Society’s official informational site about Relay For Life.

You can also enter to win a free raffle for a Kaplan review course for tests like the MCAT or LSAT. What could appeal more to Harvard students, right? But in all seriousness, Kaplan will donate on the behalf of everyone who enters the raffle, at no cost to you! You can enter the raffle here.

In short, Relay for Life is an amazing way to (literally) take your first steps in the fight against cancer or to continue to be a supporter, to remember and celebrate those who have fought or are fighting cancer, and–if the station in front of the Science Center a few days ago that encouraged passerby to throw paint at a sign that said “cancer” is any indication–have a really good time!

Product Management Intern at Her Campus