Olivia Goldberg ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Last week, we introduced you to our new Editors-in-Chief. This week, our amazing new Public Realtions Director (and continuing staff writer) Olivia Goldberg is in the spotlight! Read on for her hilarious take on life at Harvard, and her work here at Her Campus.

1. Tell us a little about yourself: where you’re from, what you’re studying, and what you do in your free time!

I was born in Amish-country, Ohio but luckily, my parents moved us to Maryland when I was a year old. Despite having spent most of my life in Maryland, I do not play lacrosse nor do I eat crabs (no Old Bay for me), so I’m pretty much the most un-Maryland Marylander ever. I am studying government here at Harvard. In my free time, I enjoy eating raw cookie dough in my pajamas and watching Vampire Diaries (and The Originals and Gossip Girl and The O.C. and Pretty Little Liars…whoops!). I also love writing and hanging out with all of the amazing Harvard-ites(?). 

2. What are some of the activities you’re involved with on campus?

Aside from writing for Her Campus, I am a member of Women in Business, the Harvard College Consulting Group, and The Crimson. I also hold a leadership position in the Sleeping as Much as Possible Club.

3. What has been your favorite part of freshman year so far?

My favorite part of freshman year has been sleeping in a bunk bed. Juuuust kidding. My favorite part of freshman year has been learning about all of the ridiculously amazing opportunities we have at Harvard and realizing I have four years to try them, although I feel like it might take a little longer than that (hey dad, so about that extra semester…).

4. You’ve been an integral part of the Her Campus staff since the fall–what made you decide to join? What have you most enjoyed about being on the staff–and this semester, being part of the administrative side?

I started reading Her Campus Harvard before I even came to Harvard. I joined HC Harvard because it offers a look at the Harvard experience from a unique and intimate perspective, one you don’t necessarily get from other campus publications. I love writing about the things I care about. I’m excited to work on the administrative side this year and help HC Harvard grow and take over campus!

5. Where do you see yourself after you graduate from Harvard? 

If my mom’s reading this, my dream job is to be a doctor. Otherwise, my dream job would be to be a movie director and make really thought-provoking films (read: romantic comedies…with Ryan Gosling in all of them). So in reality, I’ll probably be a lawyer.