Now Playing on Netflix: 6 Shows You Need to Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Netflix is quite possibly the most beautiful invention of all time. Netflix has been with me through breakups, midterms, and snowstorms. All Netflix needs to work is functional WiFi. You never have to respond to Netflix’s texts, or arrange lunch dates. Your relationship with Netflix could be the best one in your life. With the temperature continuously dropping in Cambridge, I have spent the majority of time in my warm bed with my trusty laptop. If you haven’t already watched every TV series available on Netflix Watch Instantly, prepare for you life to change:

1.     House of Cards

I would be betraying myself if I didn’t put this first. It takes a little while to get into HoC, but by the third episode, you’ll be hooked. Watching the first two seasons will take you a mere 22 hours, so grab your favorite snacks and get cozy for the weekend. You will never think of democracy the same way.

2.     Gossip Girl

HoC will get you thinking intensely about the government; by the end of the second season, your head will hurt. Gossip Girl will be there for you when you just need mindless drama accompanied by amazing fashion and glamorous lifestyles.

3.     Friday Night Lights

Don’t knock it ‘til you try it. This show is way underrated. You will feel all the feels as you cheer on the Dillon Panthers. The football players are deliciously hot, and they are all secretly marshmallows.  Football has never been so entertaining. When you finish watching, give that football player in your entryway a big hug.

4.     Lie to Me

There’s no other show out there like Lie to Me. The main character is a psychologist who solves crimes by detecting lies. You will be continuously amazed by how intelligent and exciting the writing is.

5.     Orange Is the New Black

Another Netflix original, Orange Is the New Black is incredibly quirky, smart, and addictive. I was surprised by how much I loved this show when I started watching. It’s definitely not for everyone, but if you’re open-minded, you’ll be obsessed. With the second season coming out in June, you have ample time to catch up.

6.     How I Met Your Mother

My personal all-time favorite…this show can make me laugh even in my darkest hour. With eight seasons available on Netflix, you have a lot of work ahead of you. Each episode is around 20 minutes long. Yeah, it’s annoying that you have to wait until the end of the current season to find out who the mother is, but you’ll have so much fun watching that you won’t be able to stop.

Happy watching! I advise you to be careful as you binge watch. Side effects include: tired eyes, ruined friendships, and decreased school performance. Watch with caution.