Style > Beauty

Liz’s Beauty Blog: Obsessions – Red Lipstick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

I don’t know if it’s some kind of quarter-life crisis, but I’ve been really digging red lips recently. There’s something about the boldness of the color that instantly adds sex appeal to any outfit. When I wear red lips and a leather jacket, I can’t help feeling like a badass. If you’re ready to brave red, try MAC’s Russian Red shade. It’s a cherry red that looks good on almost any skin tone. Since your lips will be sure to grab attention, I usually pare down the rest of my make-up to avoid looking like a geisha clown. If you’re really going for the bombshell look, pair red lips with a sexy cat-eye. 

Liz Ahern (Harvard '12) hails from sunny San Diego. When she's at home in the warmer weather she enjoys going to the beach, and eating Mexican food. When she's not studying at Harvard, she likes to explore Boston, go for runs along the river and dance! She spent the last summer working in the Creative Department at Paul Mitchell in Beverly Hills. Aside from her work for Freeze College Magazine, Liz also served as co-Editor-In-Chief for Harvard Undergraduate Women In Business's "Make It Happen" magazine which featured Sheryl Sandberg, the COO of Facebook on its cover. She is also a mentor for Cambridge 1-2-1 and will be serving as the Sexual Health and Gynecology Editor for ChickRx.com, an internet startup launching in 2010.