Style > Beauty

Liz’s Beauty Blog: Drugstore Deals – Bronzer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

I decided to write this blog for Her Campus Harvard because I have an unhealthy obsession with beauty products. I was always the obnoxious child wearing the not-too-age-appropriate red lipstick and blue eye shadow at family functions. Luckily, I’m a bit more color-savvy these days, but the passion remains the same. I was fortunate enough to intern at Paul Mitchell two summers ago and working with beauty veterans, makeup artists and marketing mavens, I managed to learn a few tricks. My “Obsessions” postings will feature all of the products I can’t live without or current trends that are Harvard-appropriate. I decided to also include a “Drugstore Deal” post as well since I sympathize with all of my fellow cash-strapped collegiettes™. Please send any suggestions or comments to liz@hercampus.com.

Drugstore Deal

The Boston weather is warming up (slightly) and Garden Party season is rapidly approaching. With warmer weather, though, come shorter hemlines and bared arms. Instead of shelling out wads of cash and risking skin cancer on tanning beds, take a trip to CVS for a good sunless tanner. L’Oreal’s “Sublime Bronze” is my favorite brand and will definitely help to extend the post-Punta Cana glow well into finals period. For those not familiar with L’Oreal, they also own Lâncome, so their products are remarkably similar to the higher-priced ones you’ll find in department stores.

The Harvard Square CVS sells two products from the Sublime Bronze line: the Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion and the spray-on gel. I loved the lotion version when I tried it on. It left a great glow with a subtle sparkle and lasted for days. Just make sure you wash your hands immediately after application. 

Madeleine Frank is a sophomore at Harvard University. She is from Arlington, Virginia, and studies English with a secondary in psychology. In addition to being Harvard's HC Campus Correspondent, Madeleine runs Make it Happen Magazine for Harvard University Women in Business and serves as editor for her chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta. In her free time she enjoys baking (especially vegan desserts) and dancing to everything from Frank Sinatra to Sean Paul. Madeleine hopes to pursue a career in magazine journalism in New York, and she spent last summer working as an Assistant Digital Producer at Washington Life Magazine in D.C.