This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

You know, I think something different every time I look down at my small, semi- shapely chest. It mostly depends on what I’m wearing or what the top songs are (cue: She was sitting down on that big butt/ But I was still staring at the titties though). My impressions of myself and my body have been greatly modeled by what I hear and see. Considering this week has been about the celebration of boobs and breast health, I decided to create a list of the ultimate boob icons of our generation. Here’s to the memorable women and their little ladies (and yes, i’m talking about their boobs). So here we go, GEN Y, a list of icons you will remember and relate with: the babes of boobdom.

1994-2004: The ladies of Friends

Cheers to Monica, Rachel, and Phoebe. These ladies rocked the braless style long before I even needed a bra. They are icons of freedom and comfort and damn, do I wish it was still the 90’s…

1994/96: Spice Girls

SPICE UP YOUR LIFE with some wild hair, sparkly clothing, or some damn good friends! Whether you’re Baby or Sporty spice, your tata’s shouldn’t hold back your style or spirit.

1999: 10 Things I hate about you

Talk…about…iconic. Kat Stratford wasn’t just a rebel to social norms at her high school, but she was daring with the social norms or femininity! Sass and smarts, that’s Kat. Even though she may have been a little too daring (with relation to her chest), she’s a hell of an all-around icon for little tweens and teens.

2001-2004 Lizzie McGuire

Thank you, Lizzie McGuire, for answering all my questions about boobs, bras, and the brutalities of middle school and puberty. You were the hero of my adolescence and man! Did i want a bra just as much as you did.

My feelings have changed since, but the sentiment is still there.

2004: Ciara, My Goodies

Ciara, a dancing queen of the 2000’s, taught me the power to my goodies. MY goodies. That’s right, they’re mine. Thanks for the tune, Ciara. You did more than you think.

2005: Black Eyed Peas, My Humps

My lovely little lumps. Nuff said.

2005-present: Bad gal Riri

All praise Bad Gal RiRi. There is no one in hollywood more proud, confident, and inspiring with their body. She is the ultimate icon of the titty committee, that which all of us girls are automatically a part of. Lucky for us, too, that we got to grow up alongside Rihanna. Ever since 2006 with Pon De Replay, RiRi has slaayyyed the music and fashion industry like no other. Just look at her, bringing the 90’s and the braless back into fashion. I think I speak for most all girls when I say, thank you Ri.

Vanessa is a sophomore at Harvard studying Human Developmental and Regnerative Biology with a secondary in Global Health and Health Policy. She is originally from South Texas and is very involved with the Latinx community at Harvard as well as Harvard's Science Club for Girls. When not in a lab or working as a tour guide, Vanessa likes to spend her free time in thrift stores or playing Pokemon Go shamelessly.