This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

Nothing stops Massachusetts’ residents from eating ice cream – not even below-zero temperatures. Something about the cold, sweet dessert makes us happy even when our hands freeze while we hold it. What’s better than ice cream? Maybe just one other icy treat: frozen yogurt.

There are three frozen yogurt places in Harvard Square – Berryline, Pinkberry, and the newest contender, Yogurtland. Open year-round, unlike the farmers’-stands-turned-ice-cream-stands in the rural parts of the state, these three shops are havens of frozen goodness. The answer to whether we want some is obvious (yes.) – the only question left to answer is: which one?

Berryline:

Voted Boston’s “Best FroYo” of 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 by boston.com, this local joint undoubtedly houses an amazing product. The “original” flavor here is tangy and smooth. The other three flavors available rotate every few weeks. Feeling slightly hipster? This is the froyo for you. Everything is locally owned and the toppings are homemade. If you don’t like the flavors in Harvard Square, you can always walk to Porter Square, where a different selection awaits.

Pinkberry:

If you’re feeling more like a franchise staple, Pinkberry has what you want. Standard, delicious froyo, often with wide, seasonal flavor options, is the norm here. It’s hard to miss this place – right in the center of the square, beckoning to everyone who walks by with its pink and green logo, its window seating, and sometimes even its free samples. This is the best of frozen yogurt business – you really can’t go wrong here.

Yogurtland:

Newest to the square, by far the cheapest, and the only self-serve option, Yogurtland has graced us with its presence, filling the last niche of frozen treats we didn’t know we needed. If you want as many crazy flavors and toppings as your heart desires, this is the place for you. It tastes a little less “all-natural” than Berryline, but the bang for your buck is undeniable. Plus who wouldn’t admit that swirling your own bowl of froyo is super addicting?

The best part about all three options? They all have frequent-buyer cards that add up to free froyo. Yep, that’s right. More froyo. 

Elizabeth is a junior at Harvard, concentrating in comparative religion. She loves to dance, run, and write, and loves working for Her Campus!
Amanda is a member of the class of 2014 at Harvard from Connecticut, pursuing a degree in English with a secondary in Government and a citation in Spanish. When she is not planning her next trip, she can be found hidden in the back of a coffee shop working on her novel. Amanda is passionate about singing, theater, travel, and her family and is so excited to be working with Her Campus!