4 Mouth-Watering Reasons to Eat at the Square’s Shake Shack

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

From late-night Tex-Mex to freshly tossed salads, almost every craving imaginable can be satisfied by a restaurant in Harvard Square. How is a hungry collegiette to choose when faced with so many options? To make such a tough decision a little easier, Shake Shack has four drool-worthy reasons to rank it first on your list when you’re in the mood to devour a juicy burger (and need a night off from the HUDS variety):

1. Delicious Twists on the Classic Burger

Shake Shack has a burger for every set of taste buds, vegetarians included! The ShackBurger is a step up from the classic pattie-cheese-lettuce-tomato combo, thanks to the addition of the signature ShackSauce. Looking for something a little more spicy? The SmokeShack includes applewood smoked bacon and chopped cherry peppers. For vegetarians, the savory ‘Shroom Burger trades a beef pattie for a crisp-fried portabello mushroom filled with melted cheddar and muenster cheeses. Aside from these three options (shown above), customers can also combine the best of all three burgers in the Shack Stack, or opt for a plain Hamburger. 

2. The Return of Crinkle Cut Fries

Crispy and covered in ketchup, Crinkle Cut fries are a childhood favorite that taste even better made fresh at Shake Shack. Split an order with a friend or keep the whole carton for yourself–either way, you get plenty of crinkly (and okay, greasy) goodness. 

3. Delectable Desserts–Specifically, The Concrete

Whoever said that cold desserts are best enjoyed in warm months never got a taste of the Shack’s seasonal concretes. Concretes–dense frozen custard ice cream blended at high speeds with mix-ins–can be ordered straight from the menu or customized with a variety of pastry bits and sauces. For fall, the Pumpkin Pie, Oh My! concrete mixes the Shack’s famous custard with bits of pie crust and pumpkin for a creamy rendition of a Thanksgiving favorite. There’s also the Crimson Red Velvet, a dessert homage to Harvard consisting of vanilla custard and a slice of South End Buttery Bakery crimson red velvet cake.

4. Free Sides for College Students

To round out our list, Shake Shack has a special offer to make your wallet as happy as your stomach: College Night! Every Thursday, Shake Shack offers a free order of Crinkle Cut fries with presentation of a valid Harvard I.D. Forget trying to sneak into a different dining hall on Thursday nights–skip the serving line and head to the Shack for all of the items mentioned here, and more! Tucked in at a table overlooking the Square, with a tray of extraordinary eats, you’ll be glad you did.