This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Harvard chapter.

I am a dog person through and through.  Dogs make me happy, but almost too happy.  I point out every dog I see on the street and I have seen every video, Vine, and GIF that you can possibly imagine.  So, I’m always on the look-out for quality dog content to supplement the fact that I only see my dog on breaks and stalking strangers with dogs on the street is kind of sketchy. 

Here are my favorite dog Instagram accounts: 

@thedogist

Think Humans of New York, but for dogs.

@worldoflabs

I originally read the handle as “World o’ Flabs” but this account is so much better.  Featuring videos and photos of the quintessential American pets.

@tunameltsmyheart

Tuna is a Chiweenie with an under bite that I think is adorable.  Most of my family and friends disagree. But regardless of any contention, the costumes Tuna wears, and the faces he makes are quite funny and endearing.

@marytoddlincolncoffman

It’s a dachshund named after Mary Todd Lincoln! What more could you want? Oh yeah, and she also lives in a bookstore.

@giantschnauzertwins

Ajax and Echo are two Giant Schnauzers who live in New York. They are quite majestic.

@gusthepitbull

Gus is a year-old pit bull who is very sweet (an opinion I hold after following him on Instagram for a year). Big into the “Don’t bully my breed” movement to end stigma against pit bulls, who are actually very sweet dogs.

@nachodogg

Boston French bulldog with a personality and a killer wardrobe.

@dachshundoftheday

My personal favorite breed is the dachshund—its German history is rich with digging after rabbits, its long body perfect for navigating the holes.  Now, dachshunds are the perfect breed to dress up as frankfurters, school buses, and anything else that is longer than it is wide.  What’s great about this account is that it literally is a new dachshund everyday, meaning more dachshund accounts to follow!

@greatdanesunlimited

Great Danes are majestic creatures, though the sight of them can be quite intimidating. Despite the lack of costumes, Great Danes Unlimited shows the beauty of these gentle giants.

@muttsvillesf

A good reminder to us that canine companions are for life, Muttsville San Francisco posts photos of the senior dogs who are up for adoption. 

Hi! My name is Steph Ferrarie and I am a sophomore at Harvard. I like dogs, weird dreams, ice cream, and feminism.
harvard contributor