Finest Freshman: Joseph Towns

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This week’s Finest Freshmen is Joseph Towns he is a first-year Accounting Major from D.C. He spends his free time playing basketball with friends, working out, and reading books, and his favorite book is “The Autobiography of Malcolm X”. Joseph’s favorite subject is math and he is also a part of our school’s football team.

HC: What is your favorite TV show?

JT: Martin

HC: What is your favorite song right now?

JT: Never Imagine by Kodak Black.

HC: What makes you different from all the guys at Hampton?

JT: My work ethic, how successful I have been so far, and where I am from. There are not too many people that share the same background that I do.

HC: Tell us about a time when you overcame defeat?

JT: When my friend Chris died two years ago it motivated me to be a better person, and live the life that he could not.

HC: Describe your style?

JT: My style…uh smooth, classy, and just suave.

HC: What inspires you to play football?

JT: I have been playing football since I was six, so football is in my blood. Without football, I do not know what I would be doing right now. I just love and am passionate about football.

HC: Would you trade football for any other sport?

JT: No I would not. You cannot play pick-up football, any other sport you can pick up a ball and play it right away, but not with football.

HC: What makes a relationship unique to you?

JT: Being in love with your significant other, and having a good time with just one person. Which can be very hard for some people.

HC: Describe your dream girl?

JT: Strong independent women who can think for herself and does not let her friends think for her. She is intelligent, funny, successful and motivates me to be better.

HC: Name a place you want to travel and why?

JT: Dubai because I want to see the tallest building in the world. Also because it is beautiful over there and it would be a nice experience.

HC: What is your biggest fear?

JT: Doing the best I could, but not getting to where I wanted to be. Basically working as hard as I can, but not being successful.

HC: Jhené Aiko or Karrueche?

JT: Jhené Aiko of course, who would not pick her that is crazy.

HC: LeBron James or Steph Curry?

JT: LeBron James he is built just like a football player.

HC: What is your biggest aspiration in life?

JT: I would want to be in the NFL one day, but if that does not work I want to be a very successful accountant.

HC: What motivates you in life?

JT: GOD, my family and just my heart, I am very self-motivated.

You can follow Joe on Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat @uptowndreams

Raven Reaves-Jackson is currently a sophomore Journalism Major, Marketing Minor student at Hampton University. She is entertaining, thoughtful, adventuresome and has great aspirations of being an on-air talent. Raven enjoys reading and listening to podcasts on her downtime. In life, she aims to always have the best support for her family and peers. Raven believes that all good things take time and has big aspirations of starting her own non-profit organization in the future. 
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.