This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Unlike Steve Harvey, Kanye West, Ben Carson or the other Uncle Tom’s who sold their platform in support of your campaign, I have no congratulations in store, no well wishes, no kind words that will make you feel like you deserve this position because you don’t.

Obama was a leader, a father, a person, someone who saw how much turmoil this world was in and decided to be the change. Some people who support you, may say he hasn’t done enough or that he took up space however he had so much to do with influencing and enhancing this country and all of that is about to go away. With Obama we had hope, we had family, we had reassurance, we had possibility, we knew that we had someone in the White House doing something bigger than what we had ever seen, someone who literally wanted to make America better.

I can’t know your plans because it’s a lot of inconsistency with your track record, even though I’ve read and heard some of what you said you planned to do.

But because you’re a person who tends to just speak without regard of feelings or emotion, I learned to take whatever I hear you say with a grain of salt.

I don’t think scared or terrified is the proper word to describe how I feel, how my people feel. Because I believe in God I have no fear when it comes to you, simply because no matter who is in office my God makes the final call. However, you have my people in rage, in distress, in a state of panic. You publicly talked, shamed, and bashed not only WOC but black men, hispanics, and gay people. No one feels comfortable with being themself, because they feel like you being called into office was a call to riot, rebel, and to protect what we have because we don’t know what you’re capable of doing. The thing about the devil is, he was once a man of God until he started acting for self and believing he could do anything without the help of him.

Taking away Obamacare is like saying, “I don’t care if you need this to survive.” People not only depended on that but lives were saved and illnesses were cured just on the idea of Obamacare.

These next 4 years, I pray that the hate from your heart ceases, that you don’t look at America as a way to profit, but a place that needs to be restored. I hope that you learn to love the people of this world, without discrimination and slick remarks.

I wish your first plan of action would have been to protect education and protect people of color from your supporters. The difference between Obama’s supporters and yours , are that we love all and we all want to be great. Your supporters only want certain people to benefit and to have control, and believe in using methods from the 60’s when communicating with us.

The mass incarceration rate of black men is at an all time high, police officers have been killing unarmed black men at an alarming rate, global warming is real, we all have real problems and we need real plans to actually fix them.

I don’t care how many black people welcomed you into the White House with open arms, I don’t care about Chrisette Michele singing at an inauguration where you won’t even know how to pronounce her first name, I don’t care about you getting in good with Steve Harvey  or having chats with Kanye West, you’re not for anyone but yourself. As the leader of the free world, I was told I had to respect you, just like slave masters told my ancestors.

Black people built this country, black people made this country, I don’t care how many approvals you get, you will never receive an approval for me, because the last time we had the devil in office 9/11 happened.

Yinde Newby is a Journalism and Communications major on the pre-law track. Yinde currently is a junior in the Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications at Hampton University. Yinde is expected to graduate May of 2018 but she is also a candidate for early gradation securing her spot on the dean’s list since her freshman year. The treasurer of the pre-law society, eldest of 3 girls, and spoken word artist when does she find time to sleep? She is a Fashionista by day and prepping for LSATS by night. Yinde is dedicated to finishing her undergrad at Hampton and going straight to the city either New York or DC for law school. With dreams of becoming a district attorney for the state of Florida hoping to repair the justice that was lost in the Trayvon Martin and Zimmerman case this dream is very dear to her heart. Restoring justice isn’t the only thing on her agenda; she also wants to open up a non-profit called “L.I.S.T.E.N” for fatherless daughters ages 5-18. Knowing the misfortune of an absent father, she wants nothing more than to fill that void immediately for someone else with positive mentoring and unconditional love and support. Yinde wants to do it all so kids aren’t in her future, her dream as a child has always been to work until she’s no longer helping anyone. Interning for online publications like The Odyssey and College Fashionista Yinde loves to keep her hands busy when she finds the time.Determined, driven, humble and modest Yinde wants nothing more than to give her sisters several opportunities to fall back on. Through faith and her mother’s motivational letters Yinde’s manage to become confident in who she is and what she brings to the table, therefore she isn’t afraid to eat alone.