Mary Thede ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

If you truly want to impress this campus cutie, you should know know that her last name is pronounced Tate-ee, like tater tot. Mary is from the Scranton, PA area and loves Spanish and meeting new people. If she sounds too good to be true, act quick- she’s going abroad to Madrid for all of next year! 

Name: Mary Thede

Class Year: 2015

Major: Hispanic Studies

Minor: Psychology

Relationship Status: Single

What are you involved with on campus?

I’m a tour guide and a Phonathon caller, I’m on the E-board of Spanish Club, I teach Spanish to kids at Clinton Elementary School, and I went on Alternative Spring Break to the Jersey Shore (shout out to the best ASB group ever!)

If you were a building on campus, which building would you be?

South, because it’s the most fun dorm and I like to have a lot of fun. And because I live #inthe101, aka the tour room, so there’s always a ton of people in our room and I’m a really welcoming person.

Favorite drink at Opus?

Cran-lemonade in warm weather, chai cocoa in cold weather.

Describe yourself in three words:

Optimistic, compassionate, and ambitious.

What song do you have stuck in your head this week?

“A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)” by Fergie, Q-Tip and GoonRock.  I’m obsessed with the Great Gatsby Movie soundtrack. 

Do you have any quotes to live by?

“A smile is a curved line that sets everything straight.” It was my quote in my high school senior yearbook. Kind of cheesy, but if you know me, it’s perfect since I always have a smile on my face.  

What’s your spirit animal?

A swan! I took a spirit animal quiz twice and it told me I can dream-walk and foretell the future through dreams, so that’s pretty sweet.

Courtney is a sophomore at Hamilton College who is majoring Psychology and minoring in Sociology and Spanish. She enjoys tour guiding, writing, and living on the dark side.