Her Campus Celebrity: Toni Burdick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Her Campus Celebrity: Toni Burdick

Name: Toni Burdick

Class Year: 2018

Major: Government

What is HAVOC?

HAVOC stands for the Hamilton Association for Volunteering, Outreach, and Charity. I am a Project Manager for Habitat for Humanity, the Clinton Middle School, and three art centers.

How did you get involved with HAVOC?

I knew someone who spoke highly of HAVOC and inspired me to get involved. Last year, I participated with some of the site projects. I wanted to hold a more active role in the volunteering community at Hamilton so I applied to be a Project Manager last spring.

What is your favorite part of working for HAVOC?I really like that we facilitate relationships between Hamilton students and the outside community. I also enjoy seeing events come together. It is really neat to see people from completely different social circles come together to support a larger cause.

What upcoming events does HAVOC have planned?

We will be hosting our annual Mitten Tree soon. Students can pick up a mitten containing a wish from a local child in need and purchase the gift for the child.

What advice would you give to new students at Hamilton?

Take advantage of the events offered. You can learn a lot from going to listen to the speakers Hamilton brings to the Hill!