David Kriegsman ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

Meet David Kriegsman- the president of Delta Upsilon, a juggler, whistler, entertainer, performer and all-around nice guy. David helped plan the big Valentine’s Day party a few weekends ago, but aside from hitting up Bundy he also hopes to work in education one day and enjoys calling alumni as a member of Phonathon. Check him out!

Name: David Kriegsman

Class: 2015

Major: English

Relationship Status: Taken

You’re the probably one of the youngest Greek presidents. Has that affected the way you interact with other societies and the administration?
Administrators such as Lisa Mags have been very helpful thus far in the process. It does take an adjustment period, and I have been fortunate enough to be working with someone as helpful as Lisa who has been guiding me through the semester. I do not think being a sophomore affect DU’s interactions with other societies on campus. Our fraternity as a whole has established great relationships with multiple societies throughout the years and this has been very helpful to me!

DU just had their annual Valentine’s Day  party in Bundy. What went into planning that event?
The planning for the Bundy party is always a big project. It takes a lot of organization and time to decorate the whole dining hall, coordinate outfits and get word out for our party. We were fortunate to have had a successful party this year and I hope everyone else enjoyed it!

What else are you involved in on campus?

Other than being a member of Delta Upsilon, I also work in the Alumni Office as a Phonathon caller. I am interning at BOCES this semester through Hamilton in their special education department.

What are some of your plans for your next few years at Hamilton?

I plan to major in English at Hamilton and double minor in both Education and Theatre. I am hoping to go to graduate school and eventually teach and later become involved with school administration.

If you could be any animal what would you be? Giraffe! Either that or baboon, for obvious reasons.

If you were a drink what would you be? Fruit punch cause I mix well with others.

McEwen or Commons? I don’t like to pick favorites so we’re gonna go with the Howard Diner. Shoutout to Fran!

Courtney is a sophomore at Hamilton College who is majoring Psychology and minoring in Sociology and Spanish. She enjoys tour guiding, writing, and living on the dark side.