10 Things All Hamilton Girls Can Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hamilton chapter.

1. Making the trek up or down the Hill for questionable reasons at some point or other. Whether out of desperation, boredom, or bad luck, during bad weather, late at night or in the freezing cold, all Hamilton girls faced the Hill at some point.

2. Getting excited for those rare 40 degrees weather during the ice age upstate NY calls winter. Guaranteed when the weather finally makes it back to 40 degrees, there will be girls in the skirts and dresses they were forced to retire for the winter.

3. On a similar note: Seasonal Affective Disorder. To some degree every Hamilton girl can relate to the mood changes that come with the change in weather. When the sun finally shines, a trip to gym seems fun and manageable, but during that weeklong snowstorm nothing seems worth leaving the warmth of your room, even for meals.

4. Going through the thought process that Cider Mill Doughnuts are smaller than other doughnuts and therefore it is okay to eat three of them at a time.

5. Being misdirected or misdirecting someone else to KJ or CJ. Even if it was just in freshman year, at some point everyone has experienced due to the similarities in these names.

6. Getting the many colorful printed publications in the dining halls confused with one another, but enjoying their sass all the same.

7. Craving Opus at all hours of the day. Whether it is during a late night study session or first thing in the morning, Opus is food at any time of the day.

8. Similarly, craving the Diner in the middle of the night. A late night out, studying, or just spending time with friends makes everyone crave Diner food at some point.

9. Referring to your AA trip off the hill and having all your friends or family look at you like your crazy. In Hamilton world, AA is a fun out door trip, but in the real world it has a much different connotation.

10. Missing life on the Hill even during our much-needed breaks. Beautiful and peaceful as Hamilton is, one cannot help but miss it when we are gone. 

Laura is a sophomore at Hamilton College in the class of '17. She is Comparative Literature Major, who will be going abroad to Paris for her junior year. She is an avid baker and jewelry maker.