Six Easy, Cheap and Cute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

So, it’s the week before Halloween and you have no clue what you’re going to be! Sound familiar? You have 3 parties in 3 nights and you obviously can’t wear the same costume twice! So what do you do? Check out Her Campus for costume ideas! Here I’m going to throw out some costume ideas that are SEXY NOT SLUTTY and are CHEAP AND EASY to put together.

Wicked Witch
At first thought this costume may seem a bit old, but there are tons of ways to make it unique. And, the best part about it is you can use things already found in your closet! Every girl has a little black dress. So, put that on, throw on some lacy black stockings and a pair of black heels, buy yourself a witches hat (or have your mom bring an old one down over parents’ weekend) and there you have it!
P.S. Makeup can make a costume! Try using your eyeliner to create a spider web around your eyes.

US Olympic Gymnastics Team
So you and your four best friends are trying to find the perfect costume. Look no further. Gabby, McKayla, Ally, Jordyn and Kyla just won gold, and let’s face it, who wouldn’t want to be them for a night? I know not everyone owns a leotard, but you’re sure to find one at American Apparel.

Katniss Everdeen
So now that everyone has read the Hunger Games and seen the movie at least 3 times, who better to be than the girl on fire? Grab your rain jacket, combat boots, tie your hair back in a braid and all you need now is a bow and arrow. For this I would suggest tying two sticks together for the bow and using cardboard for arrows.

Anastasia Steele
For those of you looking for something a little more riskay, where better to look than the New York Times Best Seller List. A personal fan of Fifty Shades of Grey, I would highly recommend this costume. However, that being said, I would go for a silky tank and shorts pajama set (save the lingerie for the bedroom ladies). The tie is non-negotiable and if you can get your hands on a set of handcuffs why not go for it?

Sexy Cowgirl
Cute, easy, simple, and chances are you wont have to leave your room to find everything you need. Throw on your Daisy Dukes, your cutest flannel, cowboy boots (or any boots will do), and a cowboy hat. If you don’t have a hat, one of your friends is sure to.

Modern Take on Sleeping Beauty
Chances are you don’t actually look like a princess when you first wake up (I know I don’t). But tonight you can! Put on some pajamas, an eyemask, curl your hair, finish your makeup and you’re ready to walk out the door.

So there you have it, six easy, cheap and cute costumes!