The Best Brunches of DC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Before I came to GW, I didn’t really know what brunch was. Did you eat breakfast food or lunch food? Perhaps a combination of both? I had been to brunch with my family on Easter and Mother’s Day a handful of times, but that generally involved a breakfast buffet. Nothing like it is here in the district. Brunch has since become my favorite meal. Whether you’re in search of a boozy brunch with friends or a nice place to take your parents when they visit for the weekend, D.C. has countless options. Here are a list of my personal favorites for every occasion:

Cava Mezze:

For $30 you get unlimited tapas (small plates) and penny mimosas. Everything was delicious, from the nutella waffles to the breakfast burrito with chicken sausage. Our favorite dish was called pasta and eggs, which consisted of perfectly cooked papardelle pasta with feta and a runny egg on top. There is also an option to pay a la carte, but for an average of $6-7 for a small plate, you’ll want to do the unlimited option. Sit outside on the rooftop on a nice sunny day.

Farmers Fishers Bakers:

For a beautiful view of the Georgetown waterfront and an all-you-can-eat buffet, Farmers Fishers Bakers is the place to go. Be sure to take advantage of the carving station and the taco stations. The cinnamon rolls and biscuits, which the server will bring to your table, are mouth-wateringly delicious. This would be a great spot to take your parents.

Ted’s Bulletin:

Where else can you get homemade pop tarts along with spiked milkshakes and a breakfast burrito called the Walk of Shame? Ted’s looks like an old-fashioned diner and has plenty of traditional breakfast fare. Don’t miss the cinnamon rolls, which might actually be “as big as ya head” as Ted’s proudly proclaims.

Local 16:

For the ultimate boozy brunch, be sure to hit up this U Street staple. Servers bring bottomless mimosas and bellinis in mason jars. The eggs benedict and various personal pizzas are surprisingly tasty. For just $23, this bottomless brunch is a steal.

Piola:

Pizza lovers rejoice! For just $15.95, you can have as much of the thin-crust pizza as your heart desires. The pizza itself, which comes in a dizzying array of varieties, is some of the best I’ve had in D.C. You’ll want to try them all, so go with a big group and share. Our server brought us multiple helpings of caprese salad for no additional charge as well. For an additional $15, you can get bottomless mimosas or sangria.