absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The ABC’s of Eateries in DC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

When walking around the DC area, you’re bound to pass a plethora of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert places on your saunter. I know that for me, because there are so many different eateries that look enticing, I can never decide on one. As a result, I end up eating at the same places over and over again. I do this because I don’t want to risk eating at a place that might be bad. However, I decided to come up with a list of twenty-six restaurants, so no longer will I, nor the readers of this article, have to have the relentless repetition of restaurants. Within this list, there are varying eateries that include foods of all different prices and cultures. Since there are twenty-six, you’ll have an excess of restaurants to try, so go try them sometime soon instead of being a repeat offender! Stop limiting yourself to certain restaurants because DC has so many great places you could be missing out on! 

Al Dente – 3201 New Mexico Ave NW, Washington, DC 20016

Amazing restaurant decor with even more amazing pizza! 

google.com

Beefsteak – 800 22nd St NW, Washington, DC 20052 ; 1528 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036

The most incredible steamed vegetable salads you will ever try, and you should try the Beefsteak Tomato Burger!

google.com

Captain Cookie – 2000 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006

As I’m sure all GW students know, they’re the best cookie/ice cream combo you can get on campus!

google.com

District Commons -The Avenue, 2200 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20037

In one of the best locations on GW’s campus overlooking Washington Circle, District Commons never dissapoints! 

google.com

Et Viola! – 5120 MacArthur Blvd NW, Washington, DC 20016

Right on MacArthur Blvd, Et Viola! is one of the best Belgian French restaurants in DC!

google.com

Fiola Mare – 3100 K St NW, Washington, DC 20007

Overlooking the beautiful Potomac River, Fiola Mare holds the most incredible seafood selection and has the best food!

google.com 

GCDC – 1730 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006

Only a block from the White House, GCDC has the most delicious grilled cheese for anyone!  

google.com

Hamilton – 600 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20005

Drawing influences from all over the world, The Hamilton offers an eccletic cusine, as well as gives dinner and a show! 

google.com

IL Radocchio – 1801 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201

IL Radocchio is rediculously good offering an Italian cusine with endless pasta! 

google.com

Jetties – 1609 Foxhall Rd NW, Washington, DC 20007

For all the Mount Vernon people, Jetties is only a half mile down the road and has the tastiest soups and salads with the best prices! 

google.com

Kafe Leopold – Cady’s Alley, 3315 Cady’s Alley NW, Washington, DC 20007

Right behind Georgetown’s M Street, Kafe Leopold has the most flavorful brunches offering things from avocado toast to assorted crostinis! 

google.com 

Le Diplomate – 1601 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009

If you love politics, you’ll love Le Diplomate since it’s always filled with lots of the elite politicians! Also, if you’re from the Philly area, like me, this restaurant is a Steven Starr restaurant that’s just like the Continental, Buddakan, and Parc! 

google.com

Manny and Olga’s – 1641 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007

Manny and Olga’s is a restuarant synanimous with a dynamic duo since they have the greatest pizza and they deliver!

google.com

Nando’s – 1210 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20036 ; 2631 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20008

Offering the world’s most delectable Porteguese foods, Nando’s is one of the most famous international chains around the world! 

google.com

Olivia’s Macarons – 3222 M St NW, Washington, DC 20007

You can try all of the tatiest colors of the rainbow by selecting any of the macarons from Olivia’s! (I reccomend the Fruity Pebbles one)

google.com

Paul’s – 2000 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20006; 1078 Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC 20007

A sort-of upscale Panera Bread with French vibes and bakery goods, but most importantly, you can use GWorld here! 

google.com

Quigley’s Pharmacy (Tonic) – 2036 G St NW, Washington, DC 20036

Tonic has the world’s best tater tots that are cooked to perfection, and almost each meal comes with them, which makes it an even better restaurant! 

google.com

Roti – 2221 I St NW, Washington, DC 20052

Roti is right on GW’s campus and offers the most appetizing Mediterranean cusine with exquisite taste and low prices! 

google.com

South Block – 2301 G St NW, Washington, DC 20037

PBJ Acai Smoothie. Enough said. 

google.com

Ted’s Bulletin – 1818 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20009

Incredible location, amazing food, and you can order their ultra famous POPTARTS! 

google.com

Uptowner Café – 2400 M St NW, Washington, DC 20037

Uptowner Café is the sweetest cafe you’ll ever eat in, and it offers omletes, sandwiches, and a variety of baked goods!

Vie De France – 600 Maryland Ave. SW, Washington, DC 20024

Vie De France is a French bakery chain full of delectable sandwiches, soups, salads, and sweets!

google.com

Wingo’s – 3207 O St NW, Washington, DC 20007

One of DC’s best wing places, Wingo’s not only offers the most succulent wings but also the most flavorful burgers too! 

google.com

Xando Cosi – 1919 M St NW, Washington, DC 20036

Xando Cosi fulfills everyone’s tastebuds with their incredible flatbreads, bowls, sandwiches, and salads!

google.com

Yumpling – Food Truck outside of Gelbucks located on 2130 H Street NW, Washington, DC 20052

The side of the truck really doesn’t lie, Yumpling offers the finest DC dumplings of all flavors with the best sauces too! 

google.com

Zaytinya – 701 9th St NW, Washington DC 20001

Easily one of DC’s most sought after brunch places, Zaytinya offers one of the healthiest and most scrumptious foods with Mediterranean flare!

google.com