7 Simple But Sweet Gifts for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Valentine’s Day. What is there really to say about this much-disputed “Hallmark Holiday?” Love it or hate it, boyfriend or best friend, chances are that you’re in the market for some gifts. So, in order to help out, I’ve created a list of simple, but sweet, gifts for your Valentine.

Baked goods. Who doesn’t like cupcakes, cake, and cookies?

Try out this cupcake recipe:

2 eggs, 1 2/3 cup flour, 1 cup water, 2/3 cup sugar, ½ cup butter, 2 teaspoons, baking power, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt. Add and mix together

And this frosting recipe:

3 cups confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar), 1 cup butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1-2 tablespoons whipping cream, and a few drops of pink or red food coloring

Beer Cupcakes. Beer + Cupcakes = Good Valentine’s Day Gift for Your Guy

Collage. Make a collage of pictures of the two of you! Include pictures from old dates, vacations, parties, etc.

Homemade card. Sometimes all you really need is a personalized card. Use colored paper, glitter, stickers, glue and get crafting! My personal go-to craft store is Paper Source. http://www.paper-source.com

Bacon and breakfast-in-bed. What guy doesn’t love food? Cook him a breakfast and serve it to him in bed. Fold the bacon into heart shapes before you fry it for a Valentine’s Day touch.

Red and Pink Lingerie. Because Valentine’s Day is all about love after all right?