Top 5 Albums to Get You Into the Christmas Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

The Christmas season is here! That means it’s time for cookies, eggnog, present hunting, tinsel, holiday cheer, and lots of Christmas music. In my opinion, listening to Christmas music is the best way to get into the holiday spirit, I mean who doesn’t like Christmas music? So here is a short list of some of my favorite Christmas albums that will make you especially jolly this season.

1. Michael Bublé’s Christmas

Michael Buble’s smooth, deep voice is perfect for all the Christmas classics. Bublé brings something special to all of your Christmas favorites by implementing his signature jazzy tone and unique twists, while still staying true to the original arrangements.

2. Pentatonix’s PTXmas, That’s Christmas to Me, and A Pentatonix Christmas

For those who love the classic Christmas songs, but are tired of hearing them sung that same old way, these are the albums for you. Pentatonix reimagines Christmas favorites with a modern flare, while simultaneously introducing new songs that can easily become our new favorites.

3. Mariah Carey’s Merry Christmas

I know many think this album is overdone, however, I am still a big fan of Mariah Carey’s entire original Christmas album. There’s something so spectacular about the original rendition of “All I Want for Christmas is You”.

4. Bing Crosby’s Merry Christmas

This album is for people who like to stay true to Christmas song traditions. Crosby sings the classics simply and beautifully. This album may be a bit old-fashioned but it brings its out own kind of traditional holiday spirit!  

5. Rosie O’Donnell’s A Rosie Christmas

This suggestion might seem interesting to some, but it is by far my favorite Christmas album! While Rosie might not be considered a singer, she sure knows how to put together a holly jolly Christmas album. This album is a collection of songs from many different artists with Rosie only joining in on a few songs. There are a few classics, but many are songs I have never heard anywhere else. This album is a very unexpected but joyful find!

Be sure to check out a few or all of these splendid albums to put you in the spirit for some good ol’ Christmas cheer!