Introducing HC Gustavus’ First Campus Cutie: Meredith Fahrenz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Gustavus chapter.

Meredith Fahrenz was selected as our first Campus Cutie at Gustavus! This gorgeous senior kept me laughing all through the interview– definitely a great winner to set the Gustavus Campus Cutie standard. Follow her on Instagram: meredithfahrenz and Twitter: @MereFahrenz.

Name: Meredith Fahrenz

Hometown: Naperville, Illinois

Major: Communication Studies

Three words to describe herself: Enthusiastic, Empathetic, Driven

What she’s involved in (it’s quite the list!): Vice President of Communications and PR for Gustavus Women in Leadership, Treasurer for Communications Club, Former President of Tau Mu Tau Sorority, Gustavus Mentoring program, and she loves to attend Gustavus sporting events.

After graduation: Account Coordinator for The Marek Group in Bloomington, MN.

Fun fact: She’s a fourth generation Gustie. Her great-grandparents, grandparents, and parents all met at Gustavus and got married in Christ Chapel. Meredith met her boyfriend, Tommy, during her freshman year and hopes to someday carry on the tradition.

Most memorable class: Contemporary Rhetoric with Pam Conners

Go-to meal in the Caf: Tomato soup and grilled cheese on Wednesdays, or a fried chicken breast with cheese on top and marinara sauce.

Best Gustavus memory: Studying abroad in Germany during J-term and making new friends and strong relationships.

Recommended Courtyard drink: Iced coffee with hazelnut syrup.

Potential rapper name: MF Nuggets or MF Booty Cop

Favorites:

Food: Sushi

Movie: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Song: Sleep Without You – Brett Young

Color: Pale Pink/Blush

Band: Rascal Flatts

Hobby: Playing with puppies

Show: Criminal Minds

Vacation: Mexico

Article of clothing: Sweatpants

Language: Swedish

Emma Hunt

Gustavus

Emma Hunt is a sophomore at Gustavus Adolphus College where she is pursuing a major in English and a minor in Dance. When she isn't hunkered down writing or sweating in a dance studio, she can be found watching makeup tutorials on YouTube or catching up on last week's episode of Once Upon a Time. Her three greatest loves are: Brendon Urie of Panic! at the Disco, FUZE lemon iced tea, and dark lipstick. In addition to writing and being Co-Senior Editor for Her Campus, Emma is also on the staff for Gustavus' literary magazines, Razor and Firethorne.
Katie Allen is Editor-in-Chief for Gustavus' Her Campus Chapter. She is currently in her fourth year as an English major. Her role models include Emma Watson, Hillary Clinton, and Leslie Knope.