Style > Beauty

3 Face Masks That Aren’t Just a Pretty Label

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

We all love relaxing with a face mask, there’s no doubt about that.  But, sometimes, it doesn’t feel like they’re doing much work. A pretty face mask might look cool in a selfie, but if it’s not helping your skin, it’s not worth your time (and money). Here’s a list of my three favourite face masks that have worked for me in the past.

1. Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask, The Body Shop

(Image source)

This Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask from The Body Shop was one of the first face masks I’ve ever used that left me feeling impressed. I’ve repurchased it countless times and I swear by it whenever my skin breaks out. The smooth clay texture is gentle on your face and the tea tree oil has a relaxing, cooling effect on your skin. The bright green colour can also make for some interesting selfies with your friends. You can feel good about your purchase too, as The Body Shop is committed to using ethically-sourced ingredients in all of their products. I would recommend this mask to anyone who has acne-prone skin.

2. Cup o’ Coffee, Lush

(image source)

The first time I used Cup o’ Coffee from Lush, it became obvious why this cult favourite is one of their all-time best-sellers. It was recommended to me several months ago to help combat acne scars, and I can honestly say that it has worked better than any exfoliator I have ever purchased. It never dries out my skin, and the scent is amazing, especially if you love coffee. I would highly recommend this mask to anyone who has combination skin.

3. Pumpkin Mask, Michael Todd

(image source)

I first came across this Pumpkin Mask by Michael Todd when I had a monthly Ipsy beauty subscription in high school, and it’s probably one of the only samples that I ended up purchasing. It’s made with real pumpkin which helps rejuvenate your complexion, and it gently exfoliates without being too harsh on the skin. I would recommend this mask to anyone with dry skin.

Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!