Places To See In Atlanta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

If you live in Atlanta or are visiting soon, we have compiled a list of the areas of the Atlanta and all the cool places to see while you’re there.  From desert places to comedy clubs, you’ll find all that you need.

Buckhead

Dessert: Sprinkles Cupcakes

Sprinkles Cupcakes is typically on the west coast but it has made its way to Atlanta. Sprinkles is the inventor of the Cupcake ATM and has everything from cupcakes to cookies.

Shops: The Shops Buckhead Atlanta

This is the new Rodeo Drive of Atlanta. From Hermes to Shake Shack, there’s so many places to check out.

Virginia Highlands

Food: Hand in Hand

This cute restaurant/bar is great to hang out with friends. It’s a bonus that they also have food specials every day of the week!

Food: Highland Bakery

Highland Bakery is the one of the best brunch locations in Atlanta. You can stop by and grab a coffee or sit down and enjoy a meal.

Little Five Points

Food: The Vortex

The Vortex is famous for their amazing burgers and tater tots and the atmosphere is amazing as well. Unfortunately they have a newly enforced age requirement of 21 but it is still highly recommended.

Entertainment: Dad’s Garage

If you’re looking for some entertainment, Dad’s Garage is an improv comedy club. The tickets are cheap and it’s always a good time.

Downtown

Shops/Food: Ponce City Market

Ponce City Market is a newly built location with many shops and delicious restaurant. It is definitely a must see.

Food: Mary Mac’s Tea Room

Mary Mac’s is southern comfort food located on Ponce De Leon Avenue. It is a cozy environment and the food is amazing.

Inman Park

Food: Bartaco

Bartaco is a trendy Mexican restaurant and is the perfect place to go to for drinks and tacos.

Shops/Food: Krog Street Market

Krog Street Market has several restaurants and shops and is the perfect hangout spot and is located right along the beltline.

Midtown

Dessert: Insomnia Cookies

Insomnia Cookies has newly opened near Georgia Tech’s campus and serves a delicious assortment of cookies until 3 AM!

Hapeville

Food: Chick-Fil-A Dwarf House

We all love Chick-Fil-A, but this location is unique because it is the first ever Chick-Fil-A. Because this location is a Dwarf House, they have an extended menu including Mac N Cheese, Pancakes and more. The best part is that the location is open 24 hours with the exception of Sunday.

Best Places To Take Pictures

Of course this list wouldn’t be complete without the best locations for Instagram pictures. Here are some cool places to get awesome pictures of Atlanta.

-The Atlanta Beltline

-Jackson Street Bridge

-The Westin

-The Ferris Wheel at Centennial Olympic Park

The GSU chapter of Her Campus