Jasmyn A. Monterio ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name: Jasmyn A. Monterio

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Broadcast Journalism

Hometown: Atlanta, GA (Cobb County)

Relationship Status: “Pending….”

Her Campus: Why did you choose GSU?

Jasmyn Monterio: GSU definitely wasn’t my first pick, however, it was my smartest pick! Because of my major, being in the heart of Atlanta is probably the best area for me to get involved with radio and television! I love my city as well, and it can never hurt being so close to home. 

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

JM: Currently I am the the Black Sophomore Society President and the Residence Hall Association Vice President.

HC: What made you decide to run for Homecoming Dutchess?

JM: Running for homecoming duchess was a first for me! I have never been on the court for any homecoming.  I was very skeptical doing this for that very reason. If it weren’t for a very close friend of mine, and his constant encouragement, I probably wouldn’t have done it.  Fortunately, I ended up being put on the court and it turned out to be one of the best college experiences that I’ve had thus far! The royal family is still close and I’ll love them forever!

HC: What motivates you to do well in school?

JM: I’m a very futuristic person. My future is very much relevant right now. What I do now impacts what and who I’ll be later in life. Wanting a bright future for myself is ultimately what keeps me going! 

HC: What are some of your hobbies and interest?

JM: I love to sing. It is truly my relief and what keeps me sane. As well as writing. Shopping and making money are also and interest of mine!

HC: What qualities does your ideal guy possess?

JM: Tall, dark, and handsome! Intelligent, driven, funny, adventurous, and a man of God. nothing too serious!

HC: What does your future look like?

JM: Most definitely successful. You’ll catch me on the radio and TV one day so be on the look out! 

HC: What are you career aspirations?JM: I plan to first be a radio personality and then move to television, ultimately having my own talk show. 

HC: What is your favorite on campus study spot?

JM: You can always catch me either in the student center lounge room or on 3rd floor of the library!

Interesting Facts

Favorite Food? Mellow Mushroom and Chinese 

Favorite Artist? Adele (Forever and Always) I was literally singing my heart out in the 6th grade to her album 19 when no one knew about her.

Favorite Song? The entire Channel Orange album

Favorite Color? Light Blue

Favorite Animal? Dolphin 

K. Miche' Thomas is a double major Marketing and Managerial Sciences student at Georgia State University. Upon her anticipated graduation in 2018 she plans to attend law school to pursue her dreams of becoming a Trademark & Patent Attorney. In her extra time she enjoys planning event and spending precious time with friends and family.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus