This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

It’s so hard to not buy everything at the MAC counters when looking for new makeup or restocking your makeup stash, but it can get very expensive. When on a budget, here are six MAC products you should always have in your makeup bag:

1.       Eye Shadow (US $16.00) Complete a natural makeup look with a skin-colored eye shadow that will make your eyes pop and shimmer.

2.      Matte Lipstick (US $16.00) You can never go wrong with a bright red matte lipstick that is appropriate for any occasion.

3.      Tinted Lipglass (US $15.00)  For a softer lip, try a Tinted Lipglass to create a glass-like finish, or a subtle sheen look.

4.      Prep + Prime Skin (US $30.00) Before applying any makeup, apply the Prep + Prime Skin primer to soothe your skin, even skin redness, and improve the application of your foundation or powder.

5.      Pro Longwear Foundation (US $32.00) The Pro Longwear Foundation will last up to 15 hours in any environment. It is lightweight, creamy, and gives a shear to medium coverage.

6.      Studio Finish Concealer Duo (US $30.00) To complete your foundation, add the Studio Finish Concealer to cover all skin blemishes and dark circles.

From prepping your face to topping off your look with MAC’s famous matte lipstick, these few essential items are the start to a perfect makeup look. Happy shopping!

Ashley Drayton is an alumna of Georgia State University, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism. Since being involved with Her Campus, she was co-founder and president of the GSU chapter, former chapter advisor of 5-8 college chapters, and wrote as a national contributing writer. Her dream job/career is to become a top writer, editor, blogger.